Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Off again

Today I attended my last session in this parenting course. So I will be getting a month's break before I goes on to the Module two.

Being a home maker, attending classes allow me to improve on my social network. The course is not only beneficial to me but the group is fun and enjoyable. In fact, I learnt so much from it.

I wish more option is provided for us homemaker. That is to attend classes to upgrade ourselves while our kids are in school. The timing between 7am - 12 noon is the best, at least for my schedule! What about you?

For me, I am not very comfortable to leave my kids at home while I go out. I always need to co-ordinate with my hubby if I want to have some ME time with my friends in the night. Guess I am just being paranoid.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Module Two.

In the meantime, I need to practise what I learnt, wish me luck.

I tried another new recipe before hubby is off again. This Rissoles is really delicious. The texture is crispy due to the bread crumbs and yet soft and nice with the fillings. In fact, the egg roll gives a nice fragrant. mmm... seriously I really don't know how to describe it but we like it. It is also easy to prepare.

Are you keen to try?

Photobucket

Recipe source: The New Mrs Lee's Cookbook

What you need:

Pancake Batter

100g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
280ml milk
1 tbsp oil

Filling

1 big onion, diced to the size of pea
150g frozen green peas
1.5 tbsp corn flour
3 tbsp water
300g minced pork
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
a dash of pepper
2 tbsp oil

oil for deep frying
1 egg
breadcrumbs

Method:

Pancakes

Sift the flour and combine the rest of the ingredients together. Whisk till it becomes a smooth batter.

Sieve it and set aside to rest for 20 mins.

Using a non stick pan, make a thin pancake over low heat. Set aside.

Method:

Heat wok and add oil.

Sweat the onion and add the minced meat. Stiry fry till meat is cooked.

Mix the corn flour with water. Set aside. Stir before using.

Add the peas in and stir in the corn mixture. Stir fry till the mixture is cooked.

Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.

Lay pancake and add in the fillings. Fold it like as in a spring roll.

Crack the egg and dip the rolled pancake into it. Making sure it is thorough.

Next coat it with breadcrumbs.

Heat wok with oil for deep frying.

Cook till golden brown.

Serve with either ketchup or chilli sauce.
Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. of course I am :) looks really mouthwatering and crispy! think your hubby and chldren are very forunate to have such a good cook like you as their wife and mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi edith, the wrap looks like chicken gordon bleu..btw, i tried to click on rissoles but there's no link..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Can you share the recipe? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure look yummy! This reminds me that I haven't made them for a long time! Time to dig up old recipes!
    It's good that you can find time to do your own thing and get out of the house! Homemakers are usually very housebound with little interaction outside. That's why I babysit my grandkids 3 times a week for my SAHM daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good! Is it really easy to prepare? Looks complicated, especially the rolling part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any left for me to try on? hehehe ... I like Rissoles, with the breadcrumb skin, crispy outside and juicy inside. Hm .. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *raises hand*
    Me! I want to try!! You are an amazing cook, baker, blogger, photographer, wife, mom... You are a superwoman! Oh, can I have some of your Penang Laksa too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this look really appetizing edith =) you are a great mum and wife thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rissoles look wonderful and they sound delicious. I'm new to your blog and have just spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the parenting course will be fruitful for you and your kids. ;) these Rissoles looks crunchy and creamy... Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Edith,
    your free time is similar to mine :)
    the rissoles makes me drool - looks delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jean. I am blessed to have a nice family as well. Despite the ups and downs. hahaha

    Lena, it tasted far from Chicken Gordon Bleu. We liked it. Will be posting up the recipe shortly.

    Anonymous, recipe coming up.

    Busygran, this is the first time I came across such recipe. Really enjoyed it.

    I have to find time for myself, it not I can go crazy managing my son.

    Your daughter is so blessed to have you. I don't have that luxury and thus must depend on myself.

    daydreamer it is very easy to roll. My initial fear also the roll but it was easy.

    DG you said it.

    NEL, try the penang laska. it is very good. Soup is not watery like that avail outside.

    j3ss kitch3n Thanks and I hope you are feeling better.

    Thanks Mary for dropping by. I am glad you enjoy my blog.

    Honey Bee Sweets I hope to be able to practise what I learnt. Easier said than done but give me time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Alice. I wish they have baking or cooking lessons at those timing. It will be simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi edith, the wrap looks like chicken gordon bleu..btw, i tried to click on rissoles but there's no link..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin