Saturday, March 05, 2011

Leftover

After the Meringue tarts that I baked for the bloggers' party, I still have some sweet pastry crust left in the freezer. I know I have to use it so that I can free up more space as I intend to make some frozen dessert soon. Sometime I wish I have another freezer. With our climate as such, many of my food stuff is stored in freezer. Especially my Chinese herbs and thus I have little space to even have a tub of ice cream unless I make plan in advance. Pathetic isn’t it?

Was flipping through books after books but I just couldn't decide. Chocolate pie sounded good but with me just recovered from sore throat, I doubt it will be a good idea.

I remembered I bought 5 Granny Smith apples last week, initially wanted to make deep fried apple pie but I changed my mind as it might be too “heaty”.

So here I am with my Apple Dream Pie. The original recipe used peach and I also modified the recipe.

Verdict: The honey gives this pie a nice aroma. I will definitely make this again.
Photobucket

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #5 Fruity March (March 2011) hosted by Jess of Bakericious

What you need:

9" sweet pastry crust, semi baked (taken from here)

Fillings
3 large eggs
225g yoghurt
2 tbsp honey
1/4 salt
100g dark brown sugar
3 tbsp flour
5 granny smith apple, cored and diced
1 tsp cinnamon

Method

Mix apple, brown sugar and cinnamon in a pot and cook till sugar melt and the apple soften a little. Set aside.

Whisk egg, yoghurt and honey till combined.

Whisk in the flour and salt till the mixture is smooth.

Combine the batter with the apples and give it a quick stir to coat the apples.

Pour into the pie crust and using the leftover pastry crust, break it into small pieces and randomly placed them on the surface.

Bake at 180 degree for 40 mins or untill golden brown.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. hey that tart crust was amazingly good. ZY was so impressed that he told me that he wants to make it himself one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine why your family liked it, it looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEL, I was quite happy that my family likes it. Even my "fussy" son.

    Thanks J.

    Jean, yes the crust is good. My 2nd sister said i shld make it thicker crust. LOLz.

    CG, perhaps the honey makes the pie really fragrant. Try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith, this apple pie really looks so tempting, making me dreaming on it hahaha... BTW you have submitted this for the Aspiring Bakers #5, you need to mention it in your post. Thanks and thanks for the submission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Jess, too excited and overlooked this.

    Done up now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEL, I was quite happy that my family likes it. Even my "fussy" son.

    Thanks J.

    Jean, yes the crust is good. My 2nd sister said i shld make it thicker crust. LOLz.

    CG, perhaps the honey makes the pie really fragrant. Try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin