Wednesday, March 02, 2011

So unreasonable

Hubby flew off at 5am today and my night mare begins once again.

This morning, I woke up to find my son searching for his school belt. He kept insisting that the helper kept it but it is definitely not true. I told him that he should be responsible for it rather than depend on the helper. After all, it is HIS belt.

Went round searching for the belt but as he has not taken his breakfast, I told him to finish it up first as we are running late for school.

He ignored me of course and continued his search, mumbling all the time. I then realised that he hasn't brush his teeth. Thus, I told him to do so immediately. He went into the toilet, close the down, less than 1 min he was out. He insisted that he brushed and even challenged me to smell his toothbrush. Being mom after all, I demanded to smell his breathe instead and true to my instinct he didn't do it. Told him to do it with the door open and by then he was really upset and so was I.

Time is a factor in the morning as I have to send my girl to J’s house first. If I am late, J’s daughter will be late as well. I told him to hurry finished up his milk and told him that if he doesn't speed up, I will have to leave without him.

He started his tantrum by lying on the sofa frustrated. I told him that instead of arguing with me, he should take the time to speed up. He chose to ignore me and continue with his mumbling. By now I was already furious and decided to wait in the car. Sent him an sms to tell him that if he still wants me to send him to school, he needs to run.

When I saw him downstairs, he was obviously taking his time to come to the car. Instead of running, he was walking real slowly. I lost my cool, and drove off without him! (after coming home to double check with my helper, she told me that he was wearing his shoes very slowly despite her telling him to hurry).

I so much wanted to take a loop back after I dropped my girl off to J's house but I decided against it.

I need to teach him about responsibility and not taking things for granted. He is NOT the emperor whereby everyone has to wait upon him.

I text the teacher to inform her about this morning event and to be prepared for an eventful day. True enough he was late for school and he will be punished.

I seriously hope he will learn but I had a strong sense that he will be blaming me instead. Haiz.....

Enough of my let out, and poor you have to listen to my frustration. Let's me share something happy now.

We had Roti Prata for breakfast yesterday and since my aunts has got more savoury tooth, I did actually that for our breakfast this morning.

With my success with Penang Laska, I am now more confident in handling other recipes. So let me present to you Java Soto. Again, one of the herbs was difficult to find but I had since located it in Geylang Serai.

Photobucket

I have done two versions. One with potato and the other with yellow noodle. If you don't fancy having potato as your food staple, go for the noodle. It is equally delicious.

Photobucket

Another recipe keeper!
Print Friendly and PDF

19 comments:

  1. wow you really have a tough morning! Kids are so different nowadays... the java soto looks savourily delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really had a rough morning... don't think too much here's a big hug for you *hugs* the java sotong looks really delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soto looks delicious. I love the look of the beek slices, looks so tender.

    Won't say much abt ur son *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I can be as patient as you are when I am faced with this kind of challenge. My kids are now still young to throw tantrum but I can sense it coming real soon.
    Your soto looks fabulous btw =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just to share....yesterday night, while I was going thru' spelling exercise with my son, he could not spell 2 words. When DH reprimanded him, guess what, he squashed the spelling sheets and wanted to dumped them in the bin! I was shocked, very shocked indeed that a 6 years' old boy will do this.... haiz.......

    compare with you, me still a long long tough way to go.

    Edith, you must keep going strong...... you can do it.... jia you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wen, tell me about it. It always spoils my day.

    Jess, thanks for the hug.

    Thanks wendy, it was indeed tender. Very lu wei.

    Bake for a Queen, perhaps that is why many are not opting to give birth. LOLz. too many horror stories.

    Mary, I am actually concern for your 6 years old. Please monitor him closely and work very very closely with his school teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Java Soto looks so damn good... drooling already.
    I know nothing about raising kids, but always see on supernanny that the parent must never give in to the child, no matter what tantrums they throw. And don't worry about ranting. We are here to listen. Just unload! You will feel better after unloading...

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes we gotta be cruel to be kind. maybe when things die down, you can have a good heart to heart dialouge with your son and explain to him why you did that. that's what my mom did after she caned me when I was young.

    your java sotong looks really delicious and tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edith, sorry to hear abt yr spat wif yr son, hope u r feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Edith, you are not alone, my 4-year-old son is of the same "pattern", I used to cane him until his nursery teacher had a talk with me saying that he is very stubborn in the class, everything don't want don't want. His teacher advised me to use "交换条件" method instead of caning as this may cause him to become more stubborn, the outcome is yet to be seen ... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that you got a tough morning with your kid. It's really not easy to communicate with kids nowadays. I had a hard time with my students as well~ *sigh*

    Anyway, your Java Soto looks great! Do take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, i can understand the frustration from which you are experiencing. I am not a mother, but i see how upset my sister gets when she deals with her 4 Year Old. I am sure your son will grow up and get more understanding :) In the meantime, that is some delicious looking soto you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does sound like a nightmare. Hopefully it all worked out. At least your java sotong looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NEL, the batter baker, it is good if you are a fan of soto ayam.

    Thanks for listening to all my frustration, I hope it will change slowly and me bringing in more cheers.

    Jean, being cruel can be heart breaking. haiz.

    Thanks MJ I am feeling better.

    neyeeloh, I have tried many "methods" and I am still searching for the GOOD one to work on him.

    CaThY,hugs to you too. It is definitely not easy being a teacher.

    crustabakes, no wonder Singaporean don't want to give birth. It is a tough tough job being a parent these days. The school system doesn't help in fact it added even more burden to raising kids.

    They said to lower the parents' expectation but they don't examine that the parents has no choice if the school is so driven.

    Merut Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Edith,
    I can truly feel your frustrations. Many a times, I was also faced with the same kind of attitude from my sons. I really don't know how to handle them. Let's just hope that this is just a passing phase, that they will outgrow such behaviour soon!
    Your Java Sotong looks so good. I thought it was beef noodles initially!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Initially I thought it was typo error as I kept seeing Java Sotong in the comment box but upon checking it was the correct spelling.

    Jane, I guess we will face different stages of challenge as they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Initially I thought it was typo error as I kept seeing Java Sotong in the comment box but upon checking it was the correct spelling.

    Jane, I guess we will face different stages of challenge as they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That does sound like a nightmare. Hopefully it all worked out. At least your java sotong looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, just to share....yesterday night, while I was going thru' spelling exercise with my son, he could not spell 2 words. When DH reprimanded him, guess what, he squashed the spelling sheets and wanted to dumped them in the bin! I was shocked, very shocked indeed that a 6 years' old boy will do this.... haiz.......

    compare with you, me still a long long tough way to go.

    Edith, you must keep going strong...... you can do it.... jia you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin