Monday, March 21, 2011

Fill it up

My 5 days' break was good. I do nothing but eat, shop, massage and sleep. Despite going to Bangkok countless of times, this round, we experienced a very cool weather.

It feels like walking on the street with the air con full blast. I even saw Western tourists buying gloves and scarves to keep themselves away from the chilly wind. I had to buy a cardigan as I expected the place to be hot and humid and obviously I wasn't dress to this weather.

Staying on the 26th floor, offers a breath taking view as well as the strong wind. We resorted to turning off the air con and just left the balcony door open. It was amazingly fresh. Couldn't believe it right?

So back to reality, my routine started today. I am less tense and stress out and with this cloudy day, I feel totally relaxed. In fact, I even took a nap.

I think such trip is definitely good for a home maker’s mind and body. Though it was a good break but it is also nice to be home again with loved ones.

My helper was telling me that during my absence, my kids were always hungry and looking for food. I have forgotten to stand by some snacks for them. Luckily she is clever and whipped up curry puffs for them twice.

Now that the cookie jar is empty, I just wanted to fill it up with Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for my kids.

This recipe is a chewy type of cookie, and with the brown sugar, it gives a more distinctive taste with the oats. If you prefer more crunch, leave it to bake longer.

Photobucket

I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #5 Fruity March hosted by Jess from Bakericious.

Source: Sweet Chic

What you need:

150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
125g soften butter
150g brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
166g rolled oats
102g raisins

Method:

Sift the flour, baking soda and salt.

Cream butter till soft and fluffy.

Add brown sugar, and beat till smooth. About 1 min.

Add egg and vanilla and mix till combined.

Add in half the flour and mix and add the remaining flour untill fully incorporated.

Add oat and raisin and mix until just combined.

Chill for 1 hour to relax the dough.

Using an ice cream scooop, scoop dough onto tray and bake for about 12 - 15 min at 180 degree.

Cool on tray for 5 min before transfering to rack.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, I'm wanna make these soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look so good :-)
    You make it sound so simple. I think I will try it with my girl. She has been pestering me to do some baking but I have no confidence as I have not baked cookies before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great that you enjoyed the trip and rejuvenate (: anyways, those cookies look nice and yummy! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i noticed that you have jars of cute cookies/snacks in your kitchen during our bloggers meetup then. dutiful mummy stocking up delicious goodies for her children :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love oatmeal, I love chewy cookies. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin