Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fashion trend

For those homemakers, do you make an effort to follow the fashion trend?

Once, a friend of mine who is also a homemaker advised me to even dolled up with make up and pretty clothes even though we are staying at home.

For her, just before her hubby comes home after work, she always take a shower, dressed up including make up right after cooking dinner.

She caution me that our man always appreciate pretty things and will lose interest if their wives are like "yellow face lady". A term used loosely for frumpy wife in Asia.

The leopard print seems to be in fashion. Though I am out of the industry for a long time but at times, I love to keep in the loop of what is happening out there. Even though as a home maker, we hardly had the chance to display them unless we do what my friend does.

For this particular group of friends that I am meeting up this morning, they certainly lived up being trendy wives. As most of them are such a fashion diva, I just couldn't help but produced these Leopard Cupcake for them to fit into the occasion.

Photobucket

Since WY just moved into her brand new home last December, it was a good opportunity venue for the gathering.

We had a great time chatting and enjoying her cosy home for a good 4 hours. Soon it was time to pick up our kids and it was back to routine for us mommies.

Thanks WY, I had a great time and like you suggest, we should make this a monthly event.
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. The cupcakes are so pretty! Cool man...lol! Leopard print! Looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..put on makeup at home just to wait for hubby to come home? If I do that, hubby would probably think I have gone nuts!

    Anyway, love the spots on the cupcakes. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fashionable cupcakes they are edith hahah looks yummy and trendy at the same time hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cool cupcakes they are! Very creative!
    Edith, I've two friends who are in their late 60s and 70s respectively who are never without their make-up 24/7. One of them sleeps with make-up on! LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even have time for a cup of water nor visit the toilet, what make up? Hope I don't turn yellow too soon...

    Nice cuppies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. edith,

    thats interesting.. first time I heard of leopard prints for cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute name! Pretty cuppies & looks very tempting & yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. E, very creative and pretty cupcakes. I agree with your friend about dressing up and putting on makeup. Those were my thoughts exactly when I was younger. To me, it's like your husband goes out to work seeing smartly dressed woman and then he comes home to a fumpily dressed wife. Even now, on weekends, I do put makeup on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks CaThY.

    Wen, the texture is a cross between dense and yet not that dense. I can't say whether I like it or don't.

    Bake for a Queen, I think my hubby won't even noticed. hahaha

    Jean, thanks.

    busygran, your friend who put on make up to sleep, did she has good skin.

    Blessed Homemaker, haha... your kids are still young.

    Bakertan, hehehe... Leopard print is in fashion now.

    The Sweetylicious and DG, thanks.

    tina, I believe there are certain truth to this too. That is why when I am in mood, I don't change off my outfit after I picked kids up. The strange thing is that it is not my hubby who will noticed it, it will be my kids. They will asked me, mom have you been out? blah blah blah.

    As for weekends, mmmm.... I think I need to work on that. hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks CaThY.

    Wen, the texture is a cross between dense and yet not that dense. I can't say whether I like it or don't.

    Bake for a Queen, I think my hubby won't even noticed. hahaha

    Jean, thanks.

    busygran, your friend who put on make up to sleep, did she has good skin.

    Blessed Homemaker, haha... your kids are still young.

    Bakertan, hehehe... Leopard print is in fashion now.

    The Sweetylicious and DG, thanks.

    tina, I believe there are certain truth to this too. That is why when I am in mood, I don't change off my outfit after I picked kids up. The strange thing is that it is not my hubby who will noticed it, it will be my kids. They will asked me, mom have you been out? blah blah blah.

    As for weekends, mmmm.... I think I need to work on that. hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  11. fashionable cupcakes they are edith hahah looks yummy and trendy at the same time hahah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin