Saturday, February 05, 2011

A long weekend

This year, because of the long weekend, it didn't feel as stress as other Lunar New Year. We were taking our time to visit our relatives and friends. Didn't have to feel like we were running from one household to the next, hoping to catch up with as many relatives and friends over a weekend.

Thus each visit, we were also able to stay longer and catch up on good old days. Especially with my relatives, talking to aunties and uncles is like we were kids again having story telling time. I truly enjoyed such sessions.

I hope my cousin, S will be able to publish a book that she is working on. With that, I believe our next generation will be able to understand what or how life was with their great grandparents. Good Luck S.

We had a late night, my kids were still sleeping when I was awake. Since I have way too many chocolate chip in the fridge. Decided to make some Chocolate Chip Cookies pancakes for breakfast.

Photobucket
This is very yummy and my family likes it alot.

Source: Lisa Yockelson, Chocolate Chocolate.

What you need:

200g plain flour
33g cake flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
large pinch of salt
2 large eggs
54g unsalted butter, melted and cooled to tepid
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Butter for skillet
Icing sugar for sprinkling (I omitted as chocolate is already sweet)

Method

Sift the flours, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.

Whisk the eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and milk.

Pour the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Add in chocolate chips and mix to form a smooth batter.

Let the batter stand for 3 - 5 mins.

Heat pan and swipe some butter.

Spoon two tbsp batter into the pan and cook till pancake set, flip over and do the same.

Serve hot.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. How do you achieve such beautifully round pancakes? I've been hopeless in making round pancakes. Any advice?

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind having this for breakfast! they look fabulous ! happy cny Edith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi pm, I used a ring for frying eggs.

    Jess, happy new year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! Will make this for my grandsons' breakfast when they come on Friday. Happy Lunar New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edith,

    Oh, that's a great idea! Thanks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cookies in a pancake form! that's super adorable :P Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edith,

    Oh, that's a great idea! Thanks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin