Saturday, February 12, 2011

Last weekend to celebrate

This group of college mates of mine had been meeting up yearly for many years. We witness our kids from toddler to primary school, to secondary school and now some already in poly. Time really flies and aren't we aging as well?

After we moved out of Seletar, I recalled we spent one gathering at LS’s new house, and then next year was in CH’s new house. So it is about time to visit mine. Even though we have been staying here for nearly 3 years, they have yet to visit our little home.

So for tonight's potluck gathering, I had prepared Mutton Curry. I have done this before but somehow no recollection that it looks like this. Nevertheless, this is delicious as the mutton smell is not obvious at all.

Photobucket

A cross culture menu and I know it is so mismatched but I was so eager to retry this Luo Hon Chai recipe as the first attempt during the First Day of Lunar New Year was not up to my expectation. I think this time round, I fare much better. At least it is closer to how my mom done hers. This is one of my favourite dishes. I can have this just with plain rice.

Photobucket

Apparently, I was told by LS that his mom cook it in a different way. So I am actually eager to learn the Teochew version. LS, please remember to ask your mom to teach me.

I saw some really cute Agar Agar Goldfish in Anncoo's Journal. They were so lively and cute and I think the kids in my party will loved it and they did!

Photobucket

Adding to the menu, I baked a batch of Egg White Cheesecake but it flopped so badly that I felt shy to have it served.

So instead, I baked a Banana Cake with Hazelnut and chocolate chips. Since my last bake with banana, I had been thinking about this cake for the last few days. Perfect timing when I saw it in Honey Bee Sweets'. She had modified the recipe that I shared with DG. So I decided to give hers a try since I have ground hazelnut and chocolate chips on hand.

By the way, you might be wondering how can my banana be kept for so long, well I actually froze them. Easy easy especially when I craved for banana bakes.

I strongly suggest that you try this if you like Banana Cake for both version are AWESOME.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This year we are missing many as some are away for work commitment. Let's hope next year, we can have everyone around.

Source: Home Sweet Bee

What you need:

3 to 4 medium size ripen bananas, peeled and mashed
225g unsalted butter (room temperature)
280g caster sugar
75g hazelnut meal
3 large eggs
265g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1&1/2 tsp baking powder
200g sour cream
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
100g chopped semisweet chocolate

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 10 cups bundt pan or two 8X4.5 loaf pans and lined.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, salt and caster sugar together till light and fluffy.

Add in the ground hazelnut and mix well. Then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.

Add sour cream into the mixture and stir well.

Sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda into the batter and stir well but not over mix.

Lastly add in the mashed banana, chocolate chunks and pure vanilla extract and stir till just combined.

Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes till tester comes our clean.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin