Friday, February 11, 2011

How is my luck?

I guess, for year 2011, it all started with the wrong footing.

Health wise it is terribly bad.
Passion wise, totally no mood, even my bakes seems all horribly wrong.

To make matter worse, my yahoo got spammed. Sorry folks for causing all those troubles.

The worse didn't end here. I found out that I am unable to log onto my yahoo mails, especially when I decided to transfer all my contacts from hotmail to yahoo mail. Now I can't access my account at all! My password didn't work, and now it has affected my ID! My problem continues as I can't recall my security answer. So now I am TOTALLY doomed.

All the recipes that friends forwarded to me and which I stored inside Yahoo for fear of my hard disk crashed again, now disappeared into thin air. Arrggghhh!

Haiz.... I just had to take it that piece of me died and I shouldn't dwell on it further. I should start life afresh.... life is such I guess. I might just absent myself from the cyber world.

Enough of my ranting....

I spotted some Thyme in a supermarket and I was delighted! For not too long ago, HN was just telling me how Thyme and Honey works for bad cough. Coincidentally, I am also reading on a book about Healing drinks and they have these components as one of their recipe. Bravo .... so here is a Thyme Syrup that is from Greece origin and it is supposedly to make an excellent remedy for all kinds of coughs.

Thyme is highly antiseptic and with its expectorant action, chases away infection and clears congestion from the chest.

A perfect syrup for children with its smooth, velvety texture and delicious taste.

Photobucket

So let's see whether it will help.

Source: Healing Drinks

What you need:

50g Fresh or 25g dried thyme leaves
600ml boiling water
300g runny honey
300g sugar

Method

Place the thyme in a teapot. Pour on boiling water, cover and infuse for 10 - 15 mins.

Heat the infusion with the honey and sugar in a stainless steel saucepan.

Stir the mixture as it starts to thicken and skim off any scum from the surface.

Leave to cool.

Pour into a steralised bottle and store in the fridge.

Take 2 tsp, 3 times daily for chronic problems and every 2 hours for acute conditions in children.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. Interesting homemade cure. Let me know if it's effective.
    Edith, the Chinese believe that 'bad' things happen in threes???
    Never mind with your positiveness, you'll pull through all odds and emerge victorious again! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Edith,

    thks for the recipe - i will try for my kids and family
    :)

    just relax, take a deep breath and think of all the good things in ur life - u'll feel better :)

    u won a recipe book from SSB remember? congrats!
    u do still have luck! :)

    God bless - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi edith, its me again - Alice
    sorry just now i posted with my another Google acc hehe....
    in case u wonder who this is :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! that's why i didnt receive email reply from you . . do you have other email to contact me? (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes J, I will try and see whether this works and you are right about positive vibes. I am trying my best to be positive!

    Alice, I am telling my heart to heal my body. What I was told this will helps too.

    J, I have sent you my new email via your blog msg box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, do hope this remdey will help you, take care and all the best will go to you, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes J, I will try and see whether this works and you are right about positive vibes. I am trying my best to be positive!

    Alice, I am telling my heart to heal my body. What I was told this will helps too.

    J, I have sent you my new email via your blog msg box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Edith,

    thks for the recipe - i will try for my kids and family
    :)

    just relax, take a deep breath and think of all the good things in ur life - u'll feel better :)

    u won a recipe book from SSB remember? congrats!
    u do still have luck! :)

    God bless - Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin