Sunday, February 06, 2011

Adding on more calories

With so much indulge on the Lunar New Year goodies these past few days, I am sure we have enough calories to last us for two weeks or even a month. I will definitely had a hard time shedding off those kilos but then again, I simply can't help it. I have been thinking about it since my hubby went to KL a week before Lunar New Year.

Thus, just before the vendor closed for the Lunar New Year, I went to the market and bought myself a slab of pork fats!!!

Luckily he taught me how to prepare the fats before frying, for I am clueless about it.

As you see, I am a die hard fan of KL Hokkien Mee aka Black Noodle. Recently I also watch a food program that talks about this dish. When my hubby went up to KL for a meeting, I can only envy him for he will have a chance to eat this. To curb my jealousy, I just had to fry myself a plate, don't you agree?

So here I am on a weekend, using just S$3 for a kilo of fats, I was able to churn out more than enough lard, the special weapon, to fried myself a nice plate of Black Noodle. A pity that I couldn't get prawns as it was sold out. I think there is still room for improvement but hubby commented that it was good.

Memory couldn’t hold well as I have forgotten whether there is egg or not. What the heck, it is good enough to make me a happy woman for now.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. No egg. :) Rest assured u got it right
    It looks like the real thing.
    Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my hub's favourite, lard and all! But I refused to cook it for him and off he went to eat char kway teow! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my hub's favourite, lard and all! But I refused to cook it for him and off he went to eat char kway teow! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin