Sunday, January 16, 2011

Remington Typewriter - my proud moment

Everyone is busy churning delicious goodies for this Lunar New Year. After all, we only left two more weeks. Well, besides settling into a routine, I was also busy with my cakes.

Besides cupcakes, I have been doing quite a fair bit of fondant cakes last year and I was really curious whether I can bring myself to the next level and that is doing a sculptured cake.

Opportunity presented itself when NC's sister in law, MH approached me to do a Remington Typewriter Cake right after I came home from my holiday. I took on because I feel that this will be a challenging and yet interesting project.

When I was young, I did use an old fashioned typewriter to do my school project. I seriously can’t recall the components of this typewriter. Thus I had to do plenty of research for it.

To be honest, I am so proud of myself in completing it and am glad that the client like it but I don’t think I will do another one so soon. It was really time consuming.

So let me present to you, a Remington Typewriter fondant cake.

Photobucket

Now I guess I can start my planning my cookie list for this Lunar New Year.

Stay tuned.
Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Edith, so pro with all the details! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, I'm proud of you too! This Remington Typewriter looks exactly like the typewriter I used before but I remember the one that I used was in red color :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a beautiful piece of art. You must have spent quite sometime doing all the fine details. Thumbs up for your patience *^_^*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! What a beautiful replicate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey edith,

    happy 2011. great job with the details. its very well done.

    will be staying tuned to your CNY goodies =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, the type writer looks so real and details, thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Edith
    amazing! the cake looks like the real thing!
    regds
    octopusmum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouw! Speechless :) Perfect, Edith!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire your patience for the little details! Fantastic piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What else can I say? Simply cool and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Edith
    amazing! the cake looks like the real thing!
    regds
    octopusmum

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! wow! wow!
    That's all I can say.
    WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin