Friday, January 28, 2011

The mojo continues

When I was still schooling, my mom will always stock up chicken essence for me. It is a booster for me especially when I am mugging for my exam and it never failed me in that sense to keep me awake.

Thus, I always have 1/2 dozen to stay by. I usually don't take such stuff when I am sick but with this lethargic feel, and things that needed my attention, this is my remedy.

Anyway, I am sure many of us are busy baking away. With Lunar New Year less than a week, whatever time you have on hand will be either baking or spring cleaning. I am happy that we had completed our spring clean before the wet weather came along.

With such cool weather, being in the kitchen is so much fun.

First on my list was this crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies. A hot favourite of my kids as they were stealing from the jars and leaving crumbs on their mouth as evidence. (sorry I can’t share this recipe as requested).

Photobucket

Next comes, the melt in the mouth, Melting Moments.

Photobucket

The much raved about German Butter Cookies that was circulating among the Chinese Food Bloggers. I gave it a twist, wanting to try my hand at checkered cookies but obviously this mission failed.

Photobucket

What you need:

125g butter, soften at room temperature 
40g icing sugar
125g potato flour (马铃薯粉)
80g cake flour (can be replaced by plain flour)

Method


Cream butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy. 


Sift in potato starch and flour, mix to form soft dough.

Roll into small ball, arrange on lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork. 

Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 15 minutes. (do not bake till cookies turn brown).

**************

Lastly, some tradition Sugi Cookies that was from QBB recipe. My helper called the ghee, fats but I think it is considered clarified butter among the Indians.

Photobucket

Okay, now I am going to tackle Pineapple tarts. Wish me luck.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Hi Edith,

    1st of all, Happy Belated Birthday to you.

    Wow, my iPad was almost filled with saliva while looking at your CNY bakes, hehe. You are fast, so many cookies within a day! I still trying very hard to recover from the flu. glad that the little ones at home had recovered. Totally exhausted from daily chores n cooking for kids, and the medicine made me extremely tired. I have only cooked some pineapple paste, beside this, nothing was done.

    I don't like the smell of chicken essence, hence, it's a no
    no for me, hehe.

    Looking forward to more CNY bakes from you.

    Cheers,
    Mool

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lot of cookies!! my nephews love crunchy choc chip cookies. i told him to stay out of the kitchen and next week i'll bake for him for his well behaviour! hahah. anyways, look forward to lovely pineapple tarts baked by you (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi edith,

    that's a lot of cookies u bake in 1 day! :P
    *drool drool drool*

    thumbs up!
    alice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tks Mool,
    Not sure whether u can get herbal tonic at your end. I think that will helps. This virus is serious. Try to rest more. Till now, my little one is always sleepy juz like me.

    Sweetylicious, I am sure yr little nephew is waiting patiently for yr cookies!

    Tks Alice need to make up for lost time mah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah, all of them look so yummy! I'm not baking anything for CNY this year and so i can only look at your pics and drool... haiz...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a lot of cookies!! my nephews love crunchy choc chip cookies. i told him to stay out of the kitchen and next week i'll bake for him for his well behaviour! hahah. anyways, look forward to lovely pineapple tarts baked by you (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin