Friday, January 14, 2011

A girly get together

While I was away, my long time friend VA went on a romantic getaway. When I came home, I received some good news from her. Her boyfriend proposed. I am so happy for her and yet I am sad for she will be leaving after Lunar New Year for 3 months.

She needs to find out whether she can adapt to being away from Singapore and her new surrounding. I know this is important as I have a friend who tried this before and it didn't work out for her. In the end, she chose her family over her new life. So I really hope this will work out for V. I truly wanted her to be happy.

We hadn't met since our last drinking session which is a few months ago. With my hubby away, I invited the girls, VA and VL over for dinner and have some girly talk. An update on what we had done over the holiday and as well as our plan for 2011. I always enjoyed such private gathering.

I think I need to arrange more gatherings with VA before she departs. Amazing part with this friendship is that I have lost touch with her for years. We were best friends before then. Through Facebook, I finally reconnect with her and I am so happy. Surprisingly, we don’t feel like strangers after all these lost years. We talk and behave as if we had been doing it for years. Our relationship can really withstand times. She is still the same down to earth, honest and cool babe that I have known her when we were still teenagers. I am so glad that she didn’t change a bit and best of all, sincerely cherish our friendship.

Enough of sentiments, let’s talk about tonight’s dinner. I was craving for Soto Ayam and I usually go to Adam Road for my fix but since I have been so caught up with my kids and, with the rain, it can be difficult to be out with kids in tow. Thus, I can only get comfort from homemade ones.

My helper too knows how to prepare this dish. In fact, we had a dry run last week. She prepared an Indonesian style as well as our local version. I gave both the thumbs up but my hubby prefers the local.

With me having to send my girl for tuition (yes, I am finally onboard the tuition bandwagon and this is so tiring), I didn't really have time to prepare as I need to bake for my orders. Thus my helper helped me with tonight's dinner.

This is really good! In fact, I think it is even better than Adam Road’s. I will definitely try to get her to share this recipe.

Photobucket

Latest update:

My helper can only give me this recipe in estimates. So adjust accordingly.

What you need:

Chicken Breast
200g beansprout
2 stalks spring onions
100g fried onion
Yellow noodle

For the soup

Pound:

3 cloves garlic
4 small onion
3 slices of ginger
3 slices of galangal
4 cm tumeric
1 tsp coriander
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste

Method:

Heat a pot of chicken stock and add in chicken breast whole. Cook till it is done. Remove chicken and shred it. Set aside.

Fry spices to fragrant and add to a pot of chicken stock. Boil for 15 mins for the spices to infuse into stock. Set aside.

Blanch beansprout in a pot of fresh boiling water. Set aside.

Blanch noodles and dran. Put into the serving bowl. Add in shredded chicken, spring onion, beansprouts and add in the soup.

Garnish with fried shallots.

Sambal:

Pound

Chilli, lime juice and sugar. Add in dark soya sauce.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin