Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Down and out

In my household, I am the one always feeling the chill but not for my kids and hubby. Seriously I am not sure whether it is a habit or not but either the fan or aircon is always turned on when they are around.

With the weather of late being so cool, this habit still exists. They are always complaining that it is warm. I just can't believe it. Despite my objections, the fan is on full blast wherever they are around.

Now, the saying goes .... "why didn't you listen to mommy?"

I don't know whether it is the flu bug or they simply caught the chill, now BOTH my babies are down and out. First started by little one and then the next day, the big one also cannot withstand it. Both developed high fever and even when they are on antibiotic, the fever is still hovering on the high.

As a mom, I am seriously troubled. I couldn't sleep for two days. Especially the little one, I just couldn't get her to sweat it out which I know will bring some relief. Today, I am bringing her back to the doctor to ask for stronger medication.

The weather is good but I definitely wasn't really in the mood to admire it. With I coming round to bake Butter Cake, whom I already promised to teach her, I just have to distract myself for a while.

I wanted to show I the two different methods of baking butter cake. The two recipes, one is with egg separation (from the Basic Butter Cake that I done a few days ago) and the other without (from Do What I Like). So will let I decides which one she will bake for Lunar New Year.

Both are equally good.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Your butter cake brown nicely than mine. I can see bits of vanilla bean all over. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids have been having runny noses and bad phlegm on and off for almost 3 weeks already.

    Hope the current change of weather will make things better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith,

    These days in Texas here the weather are no good either. My little one was running a temp since Sunday with a stubborn phlegm. He vomitted there and then. Me too haven't been sleeping well as hubby was away for business again.

    Finger crossed that our little babies get well soon.

    Regards,
    Mool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your little ones get well soon. You take care too.

    Personally, I prefer the one with the egg separation method. I haven't tried making one, but tasted one before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take care of yourself too! You need to be extra strong to nurse your babies back to good health. I hope they recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Edith, you have to take care of yourself too and wish your prince and princess get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather has been funny lately ... It's been drizzling and the next moment ya know, it's scorching hot ... Which is totally uninviting and not good for us, too.

    Take care! You don't have to worry about blog-hopping and whatnot lar ... If the whole point of blogging is about commenting on others and to have others comment back on ours ... doesn't make sense to me ... It's like competition and mundane routine ... Just do so when you have time lar. After all, everyone blogs for his/her reasons. We can't expect everyone to act accordingly to how we want him/her to. At the moment, I'm taking things at my own pace since career is important to me too. During my free time, I'd be baking and cooking and reading and sometimes socializing with friends, which comes as precious ya know. If I force myself to cook and bake just to blog, to sit down before the computer just to blog-hop around and find that it's mundane and pointless, something has gone wrong ... That's not the reason I blog and to increase my comment count. One thing for sure, blogging has helped me make friends with people especially of similar interests from across the world.

    Take care lar, K? Hope to catch up more with you! I miss seeing you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wen, your eyes are sharp!

    Wendy, there is a flu epidemic in singapore. Pretty scary and we are the unlucky ones.

    Thanks Mool. Hugs to your little one and to you too. I know it is not easy at all.
    Are you coming home for CNY? Let's meet up.

    Thanks KWF. Florence's recipe is not egg separation mtd but it good as well. Try hers.

    Thanks J, I am trying to. Will power will power. hahhaa

    Thanks Jess.

    Pei Lin, actually if I mind so much about traffic flow, my blog would have closed down many years ago. It is thru my hubby's encouragement that up to this date, I still blog.

    Blogging helps me to widen up my horizon. I learnt so much from it and also many friendship that formed. Thus I am really blessed.

    You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather has been funny lately ... It's been drizzling and the next moment ya know, it's scorching hot ... Which is totally uninviting and not good for us, too.

    Take care! You don't have to worry about blog-hopping and whatnot lar ... If the whole point of blogging is about commenting on others and to have others comment back on ours ... doesn't make sense to me ... It's like competition and mundane routine ... Just do so when you have time lar. After all, everyone blogs for his/her reasons. We can't expect everyone to act accordingly to how we want him/her to. At the moment, I'm taking things at my own pace since career is important to me too. During my free time, I'd be baking and cooking and reading and sometimes socializing with friends, which comes as precious ya know. If I force myself to cook and bake just to blog, to sit down before the computer just to blog-hop around and find that it's mundane and pointless, something has gone wrong ... That's not the reason I blog and to increase my comment count. One thing for sure, blogging has helped me make friends with people especially of similar interests from across the world.

    Take care lar, K? Hope to catch up more with you! I miss seeing you in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin