Thursday, December 02, 2010

Wholesome goodness

I was taken aback when my 7 years old nephew told me that he doesn't like chocolate! He only takes fresh milk or strawberry milk. Thus when he had breakfast with us the other morning, I bought a bottle of plain fresh milk for him as we only consumed chocolate milk at home.

I never come across kids that don't like Chocolate, thus he will be my first. Though I know some adults do not fancy chocolate at all. I always had the impression that all kids love chocolate. Now lesson learnt is to not to assume.

As I feverishly trying to memories my script, getting my tongue twisted and trying to wake up my aged brain cells. I decided to take a break and bake some Oats and Yogurt Cookies for my kids as well as for D.

This recipe interests me as it involved oats as well as yogurt which are healthy. I also throw in some dried fruits to add to the wholesome goodness.

Now let's hope they like it.

Now I am definitely counting down to my "baby" sister’s big day. Though no longer baby in the family. In my heart, she will always be one and I am happy to see her found a good man to take care of her.

For my preparation, I am still short of a little pair of silver stiletto to go with my evening bag.

Tomorrow I must really brave the crowd in Orchard Road to hunt for that pair of shoes. I hate shopping!

Photobucket

Verdict, this cookie doesn’t expand as with all my cookie baking experiences. Thus, please make it small if you like bite size.

What you need:

139g yogurt
103g castor sugar
91g brown sugar
57g softened butter
56g shortening
1 tsp vanilla
240g plain flour
58g rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
94g apricot, chopped
56g cranberry

Method

Preheat oven to 190 degree.

Combine yogurt, sugars, butter, shortening and vanilla in a mixing bowl.

Beat at medium speed till well blended.

Add in flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Mix till soft dough forms.

Stir in dried fruits.

Drop dough by teaspoon (it doesn't expand).

Bake for approx 8 - 10 min or till golden brown.

Cool on tray and later transfer to cooling rack.
Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. Dear Edith,
    Pls advise if its OK if the ingredient-shortening is omitted. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cookie looks awesome.. hope ur niece liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Edith,

    this is interesting. I have only come across cookies using applesauce but this is the first one I have seen using yoghurt. i bet the yoghurt will lend a nice flavour to the cookies.

    All the best to your sister's wedding! I am sure you will do your best as the emcee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith, the cookies look great! Are they the crispy type? I prefer crispy to chewy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edith, have you prepared your speech yet as MC? BTW the cookie looks really good and I've never ever come across a recipe that uses yogurt, not for cookies that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Edith,

    My elder boy (10 yrs old now) don't like to eat, ice-cream, sweets and chocolate too. So he always not interested in all my bakes except for hot-dog bun.

    Mool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I have not tested with butter for this recipe but I reckon it will spread more as shortening normally holds the shape of cookies.

    Suhaina, thanks for dropping by. Yea i hope those little ones like it.

    ZY, me too. My first yogurt cookie. And thanks, I hope I deliver the speech smoothly. getting cold feet, been such a long time since I last spoke to a crowd.

    J, this is a soft, chewy cookie. Unlike you, my gums don't take too well to cripsy cookie.

    Jo, yes speech ready now need practising to stop that stammer.

    Mool, I have a cousin who doesn't take sweet since she was a toddler! Now you mentioned your son, then I have two kids on my list. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. edith dear, just like your nephew, i think you must be one of those few gals who hate shopping LOL

    brave the crowds and enjoy the shopping! aud

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cookies look wonderful and delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Edith, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you & your family a happy merry christmas & happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Edith, thanks for sharing this interesting recipe with yogurt! Hope you enjoyed being the emcee for your sister's wedding. Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...a child that does not prefer chocolate! I wish I did not like chocolate...lol

    Nice site, and I shall try those cookies...they look nutritious!

    Happy New Year from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...a child that does not prefer chocolate! I wish I did not like chocolate...lol

    Nice site, and I shall try those cookies...they look nutritious!

    Happy New Year from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cookie looks awesome.. hope ur niece liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Edith, the cookies look great! Are they the crispy type? I prefer crispy to chewy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin