Monday, October 04, 2010

A strange morning

On Sunday, I survived the day with only 4 hours of sleep. I only gotten to bed at 2am and woke up at 6am on Sunday as I need to fulfil an order.

I could only blame my hubby for being a TV addict. Somehow, I find men love the TV and being a couch potato. Perhaps it is a form of relaxation for them?

Usually TV has this hypnotic effect on me, I tend to fell asleep while watching TV but for this particular Saturday's late night, the program was surprisingly aired in Cantonese. Gosh, it has been a long time since I last watch a show in this dialect.

Anyway, this morning, I am like a zoombie. The perk of being a homemaker is that after I fulfilled my role as a driver in the morning, I went back to bed. Had an extra hour or so and I felt so much better.

It was a great morning. Light breeze and a little sunny but I think it didn’t last long. The weather turned pretty humid after that I needed three showers. It is definitely bad for my skin.

Checked into the cyberworld for some inspiration of what to cook for tonight's dinner and bingo! I saw this recipe from Almost Bourdain.

I knew my kids will love it as they are a big fan of potatoes. I am going to do a slight modification so that we can have this as a dinner.

Initially my family thought it was Rosti as we are a big fan of this. Since I don't recall me eating this in Germany, I actually can't do a comparison. Kartoffelpuffer or German Potato Pancakes didn't have this crispy texture like Rosti.

Hubby suggested that I should cook it longer to get that crisp which I am not sure whether it is attainable without burning it.

I like the fact it has onion that adds some crunch to it without the bite (I love onion but it has to be cooked). I also created some salmon cream to go with it and it was delicious. I couldn't finish the three pan cakes on my plate as it was rather filling.

We enjoyed it thoroughly.

Thanks for sharing.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. This looks very interesting. Going to put on my list. Hopefully it's not too difficult to do. I love cooked onions too, esp the white ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These potato pancakes look good to eat. I do swiss potato rosti which has chopped onions and black peppercorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KWF, I love white onions too. SO sweet.

    J, long time ago, I did attempt Rosti but not as good as those avail in the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin