Friday, October 01, 2010

Remembering a friend

Today my friend V and I gave a Children's Day treat to our kids. I have been spending a lot of my time with V and her kid.

As a friend, this is the least I can do to give her support as she is going through a very difficult period in her life. I feel sad for her as there is nothing that she can do to change her life at this moment. A betrayal of a 17 years relationship can be really devastating to her. It didn't help for the fact that she is also a stay home mom for the last 7 years. She trusted whole-heartedly with no reservation. As a woman, I can understand her feeling of being helpless now.

I am glad that our friendship has developed to the next level. These days, I won't dare to think our relationship will grow old together as in the past, I have been told many times and in the end, it is just words.
Somehow, people changed and thus these days, I have lesser hope. Of course it hurts initially but I guess when one door closes, the next door opens.

For me, bringing V into my life perhaps it that opened door and I am truly blessed for I know this friend is for real. Thinking about what V is going through reminded me so much of L and I am praying so hard that V will get stronger and finds the strength to see light and hope at the end of the tunnel.

As for L, you were always be remembered. I wish that I can turn back the clock and starts all over being your friend again.

To my readers, I leave you with these delicious Deep Fried Mushrooms.

Photobucket

What you need:

A punnet of mushroom (clean and cut)
3 tbsp rice flour
4.5 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
Water

Method

All the ingredients except water together.

Slowly add water to form a thick batter.

Heat a wok of oil. Coat mushroom thoroughly with batter and deep fry straightaway.

Drain and serve.
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Edith, I know I definitely will like this, mushroom is always my favourite. I wish V will get over it soon, definitely will be hard but times will heal. My mum is a singled parent too and she had been housewife since married, it was a tough period but she managed to go thru and now happily living with fillial (i so thick skin hahaha) 3 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom cooks this with oyster mushroom and it is always a hit with the kids. I tried cooking it twice but they didn't turn out as crispy as hers. May try your recipe one day but I really hate deep frying.

    I think women are generally sensitive creatures and things may not turn out to be what we want it to be. I've had some good friends (I thought they are) but in the end, things just go wrong without me realising what went wrong. I may have spoken/done something that annoyed them, I still don't know until today.

    Pls send your friend my regards. It is going to be tough on her but with your support, I'm sure she'll pull through the difficult period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad to become and homemaker and this happens, especially after so many years.
    Your friend is so lucky to have a friend like you, to stick with her through this difficult time.

    BTW, I love fried mushrooms too :)
    I've seen some Malays putting in some Thai Chilli sauce into the batter before coating it with the mushrooms, and it taste awesome with that addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried deep frying mushrooms. What a great idea! These look fantastic...I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel sad to hear that your friend has to go thru this. I understand how you feel towards her, because my friend went thru the same tough period of life like yours. It will take a long time for the wound to heal but the scar will always be there. Please send my regards to your friend. She needs to stay strong for her child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your friend is lucky to have u help her go thru her hard times.

    on a lighter note, Fried mushrooms. YUMSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...looks yummy..shld try it out one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess, not so easy and it is far tougher than the tough. Haiz. very complicated from those that I witnessed.

    BH, oyster mushroom also can? You must let know the secret.

    Yes I do agree women are generally sensitive but for me, I think loyalty is something that I looked for in a friendship. Friendship is not about abuse and discard.

    As for my friend, thanks.

    Karen, it is very nice. My family love it.

    Thanks HHB, I really pray hard that she will be strong for her kid.

    Crustabake, I am blessed to have her too becoz I know she will never abuse and discard me. hahaha.

    Mery, try it and let me know whether you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edith, although my story is different I can somehow understand what your friend is going through. It will take a long while to come to terms with the situation but with friends like you, we will all pull through.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin