Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My trial

Tomorrow will be the last examination paper that my little one is sitting. She sure been putting in a lot of effort for this exam as she wanted to attain a gift that I promised if she does well. I just simply love her spirit. Sometime I wish my son has a little bit of this "never say die" attitude. Then again, each child is different.

I am praying hard that the sky will clear up soon so that the toppers won’t be sweating. My greatest fear will be, them going limp just before delivery.

With my cake commitment more or less in place, I agree to a little project as I know that I will have more time to test out some recipes. The only thing is that I need to get it out by this weekend.

I wouldn't say that I failed in my first trial. Fresh from the oven, my little hippo (she has been eating so much lately that both my helper and I are worried about her weight), already chomped down three pieces. We were trying to stop her from taking her third serving.

Seeing her sister munching on it greedily, my teen couldn't resist despite saying that he is still full from his dinner. As I need to keep some for breakfast, they were literally fighting for more.

I like the texture but I wasn't too happy with the taste. So I am going back to the drawing board.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Sure sounds like success to me, with your kids fighting for more! Texture does look really good. Hope you get the taste you want on your next try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good! No wonder your kids are chomping away. I would too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eldest is nothing like your daughter. DH promised a gift if she does well but she has this very "bochap" attitude. Just today, she came home with her maths practice paper and she only did 6 pages out of 15, balance 9 pages were left blank! Asked her why, the reply was she forgot...

    Your cheese scones look good! Hope you get your desired taste in your next attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks NEL, I hope the next trial will yield even better result.

    Thanks Ellie, Busygran and Jess!

    BH, my son is also like that. Totally not motivated at all. Scratching head how to bring out the best in him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Your daughter does sound like Jess's ... Cheery and non-fussy type ... Actually, it's good! Very cute, you know! All the best to her ... I hope it's not too late for me to say this.

    Well, the nice thing about home baking and cooking is you get to control how many times you wanna try for a certain recipe. The scones still look alright to me lah ... =)

    P.S. Been very busy. Down with high fever few days ago. Then, bogged down by work with working overtime. Been organizing stuff at the new house too. Only got to sit down quietly without interruption before my laptop like tonight. Haiz. Hope to catch up with you later. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comments! :D

    Your scones look delicious! I love scones..or anything carbo in fact. LOL!

    Don't worry too much, i'm sure your kids will do well with your guidance. There will come a time where they will automatically understand the importance of studying. Maybe they are too young to understand now but when they reach secondary school, they will..as long as they are with the right company of friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comments! :D

    Your scones look delicious! I love scones..or anything carbo in fact. LOL!

    Don't worry too much, i'm sure your kids will do well with your guidance. There will come a time where they will automatically understand the importance of studying. Maybe they are too young to understand now but when they reach secondary school, they will..as long as they are with the right company of friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin