Saturday, October 23, 2010

It is coming back

Few weeks ago, I had an asthma attack and it was pretty scary as I didn't have my medication with me. It sure been a long time I last had one.

Anyway, it is coming back again. This time triggered by the haze. My chest was tight just a day before the haze started to get really bad. I thought that it might be because I was tired but when the haze started to thicken, I knew it wasn't. Went to see the doctor to get my medication but he discovered that I was also running a temperature. I told him that I didn't even feel sick, just with a tight chest. A test proved that he was right.

Being a homemaker, the saddest part is that when you are ill, you still need to function. Sometime I wish I am back to a little girl. Being love, care and pampered by mommy dearest.

Now I am luckier than 5 years ago, as I don't have to do 100% household work unlike last time. My helper is also very compassionate (a true blessing). Yesterday I just had to go out to top up the fridge and also to grab some presents for friends who become parents.

Luckily everything was done indoor. Grabbed and run. By the time I reached home, I was totally exhausted. With both kids not in school, getting peaceful rest is near impossible (I am a light sleeper). Thus sometime I wish I have a bigger house or a garden that I can sent them out. hahhaa.

A gloomy had passed. Today I am feeling a little better and since I have a cupcake commitment, I got up at 6am to bake despite waking up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep till 3ish.

My little one is suffering from Bruxism and I am really tempted to seek Chinese medical opinion as the dentist told me that there is no cure, only to put mouth guard and since she is so young, he told me to hold on till she is bigger. She enjoys sleeping in our room but her teeth grinding often wakes me up. arrghhhh.

Since I am already baking with all the ingredients out, I took the chance to experiment another Vanilla Cupcake recipe that A asked me to try to see whether I can get a nice dome shaped cupcake which I have been seeking out.

A, here is my result. It is great but I think I still need to adjust the batter to each cup. I will pair it with some frosting later as I am flat out again.

Note: Sorry, I won't be able to share this recipe.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. Woke up at 6am and bake? I usually woke up past 8am... hehe *phai seh.

    The cupcakes looks yummy, it's perfectly rise... I wish i could just pop that in my mouth... :)

    It's windy here today... hopefully the haze will clear out soon, as it is creating lots of trouble for lots of people....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Edith. Hope the haze will clear up in these 2 days. It's so true that we homemakers can't let go of our duties even though we are down with illness. I guess we just have to be tough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better now. I attempted this recipe before. Mine cracked a bit but this cupcakes are yummy especially with the strawberry frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you are so lucky, for me, phai mae coz my inner clock at max will wake me up at 7am!

    HBS, to be honest, I think this haze won't clear so soon. Yes and you are right, we must be tough cookies.

    Wen, under medication much better now. I am going to pair it with raspberry frosting. Hope mine as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I have escaped the worst of the haze situation since I have been traveling the last week. Hope you get well soon. I think the cupcakes look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, hope you are getting better now, speed recovery! The cupcakes look nice to me, delicious too,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edith,
    Hope you are feeling better now. Ah yah! You're not well and still want to bake. You need rest and don't tire yourself.
    Btw,the cupcake has a nice dome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care Edith. This evening looks like the haze is thinning out. Hopefully it'll be gone soon and you'll be back to your usual self. Rest more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edith,
    Take care and have more rest. :)
    Btw, the cupcakes looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aie...My mum was telling me yesterday that she's suffering from asthma too because of the haze...Please take care!

    And my eldest grinds his teeth when he sleeps too. It's horrible, have no idea what I have to do about that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Edith, thank you for stopping by my blog earlier and nice to meet you. Luckily, the haze just lasted 1-2 days unlike the past. My boy kept on sneezing 2 days before the haze. Thank goodness, everything is back to normal again. Btw, you have such a lovely site. Hope to hear from you more often. Have a great weekend.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope u r feeling better. can't wait to see what u did with these lovely cuppies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hubby & elder boy grind their teeth in their sleep when they are under stress or too tired.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shirley, you might be lucky to be back coz haze seems to clear up.

    Thanks Jess.

    Busygran, perhaps I am ADHD too. can't sit still.

    Thanks Jane, DG.

    BL and Pris, what I understand is that stress and tiredness do play a part but I wonder how my little happy gal is having stress coz she is always so happy and she gets more than 9 hours of sleep as well.

    Hi Kristy, nice to see you here.

    THanks Javapot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aie...My mum was telling me yesterday that she's suffering from asthma too because of the haze...Please take care!

    And my eldest grinds his teeth when he sleeps too. It's horrible, have no idea what I have to do about that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care Edith. This evening looks like the haze is thinning out. Hopefully it'll be gone soon and you'll be back to your usual self. Rest more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Edith, thank you for stopping by my blog earlier and nice to meet you. Luckily, the haze just lasted 1-2 days unlike the past. My boy kept on sneezing 2 days before the haze. Thank goodness, everything is back to normal again. Btw, you have such a lovely site. Hope to hear from you more often. Have a great weekend.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin