Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An extremely busy week

This is going to be a stressful week as my little prince is (ahem... should I say my growing up prince) is having his exam and I need to constantly making sure that he is focusing. Boy, I seriously don’t know when will be the day that he could self study without any monitoring.

As expected, this week is jam packed. I am basically trying to work faster so that I have more time for my kids and hopefully by end week, I will be all ready for a weekend activity that I am looking forward to.

With plenty of chocolate chips in my fridge and a bunch of banana ripening at an alarming rate, I spotted a Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake recipe at the right time. I just couldn't say no to this one.

Coming back to the banana, I find it strange that the banana is ripening so fast. I could hardly have a chance to see a nice bunch of yellow banana. Are the farmers doing something unethnical with their growing method? I told myself fear not, as our AVA is pretty good in doing their job to ensure that the produce that we are getting overseas are deem fit to eat.

This is another interesting recipe. It uses mascarpone cheese as well as sour cream. I was very keen to find how the texture is like as the last Supreme Chocolate Cupcake was nice that I am just curious to test out another recipe from this book.

The texture is soft and yet moist. I seriously urge you to try it for it is truly delicious.

Next round, I will double the ingredients and make two loaves!

Okay need to get back to work now.

Photobucket

Adapted from Sweetness by Sarah Levy

What you need:

66g chocolate chip
143g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
60g sour cream
56g mascarpone cheese
83g butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
100g castor sugar
1 egg
148g banana, mashed

Method

Preheat oven to 180 deg.

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Use one tbsp of the sifted flour and add to the chocolate chips. Set aside.

Combine sour cream and mascarpone cheese in a bowl with a spatula. Set aside.

Cream the butter and cinnamon on high speed. Gradually add in the sugar a tablespoon at a time. Continue to beat till the mixture is light and fluffy.

On medium speed, add in the egg and follow by 1/3 of the flour mixture. Beating till incorporated.

Follow by 1/3 of the sour cream mixture.

Alternate with the dry and the wet ingredients.

Using a spatula, fold in the banana and the chocolate chip. Do not overmix.

Pour into a loaf tin and bake for 40 -50 mins or till cake is cooked.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. The cake looks moist and yummy! Send some over, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piggy, you can try it. Very nice! I should be the one saying you sending some of your bake over. Let's hope I can visit Taiwan next year. If not, 2012 you wait for me hor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin