Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Missing in action

For one solid week, I was living in a world without a computer. I felt listless. Not that I have updates for my blog but I was in a foul mood. I questioned why mankind is so dependent on technology.

You see both my phone and computer died on me on the same day, over the weekend, I was in total foul mood. Due to sitting for long hours, I also developed a severe back pain.

On Monday, I dragged myself to go down town to the agent to fix my computer but to have the service staff telling me that my hard disk crashed. I was upset as it is only about a year and a half and I have already sent this stupid machine into the workshop three times! To make matter worst, I was told that usually life span of hard disk is around 5 years and it was just my luck that my machine is so.

After I left the service centre, my next task is my handphone. You see, my son meddled with my phone and I lost the wifi function. Went down to Epi Centre and I got the most unfriendly service staff there. They told me to call my service provider instead.

Got home and called the service provider. Luckily the technical staff was nice ad helpful but she couldn't solve my problem and I have to finally call the wireless company but they told me that they can't help me if I have NO computer!

After a long wait, I finally bought a new toy (thanks hubby) during last week computer fair. It took me quite a few days to get settled down into my new toy as I lost all my favourite links.

I need to speed up because I have a long list of things to do and I am way behind time.

Hubby bought some avocado and since we both like Avocado milk shake, we had this after our dinner. Rich and creamy. Yum.

Photobucket

Since I am sure my kids won’t like this, and having some banana sitting on the counter, I make a batch of Banana Milk shake for them. They hardly had milk shake thus they were not very excited by this.

Photobucket

Now I need to give a good shake and get the lazy bug out of me.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Edith, you are so unlucky, both computer & handphone called for retire at the same times! Now computer settled how about your phone? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I was only chatting with Gert from My Kitchen Snippets regarding how much we depend on our gadgets (PC, Laptops,phone, whatever), and it's a sad fact that we all are, especially now that we are so so submerged in the blogging world. Hahaha!!

    I hope things are well with you now and I always need some time with any new phone or computers.
    Hope things will kick back in full action mode very soon with you.

    I super adore avocado milk shakes, especially Vietnamese style. I don't mind if you make me either the avocado or banana one, I'll just slurp them all up, not a drip left behind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love avocado milk shake. Just bought 2 to make .
    Sorry to hear about your comp and phone. Yup! We have become too dependent on them. Imagine what would happen when the whole world blacks out! Shudders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back. Hope you had backed up your hard disk and did not lose too many precious information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you are slowly picking up, it must be very devastating to lose all the previous photos and info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Congratulation you've got a new computer! I haven't try avocado milk shake before, it's very new to me. I normally just use it for salad or dippings. I think I would love to give it a try. I like milk shake or smoothie very much and have it quite often too by making it with whatever fruits in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin