Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Children's Day

Today my little one is all excited about an event that the school is organising for them. She even requested to have more pocket money so that she can buy snacks.

For me, I dragged the traffic jam that comes with it because this means that from Pri 1 - 6, all the parents were be queueing in to pick up their kids. Can you imagine what the crowd is like?

Strangely, when it is just P2 - P6, the jam is always manageable. Somehow when you add on the P1s, it becomes a chaotic mess with cars occupying two lanes out of the three.

I just can't figure that out.

With today's heavy downpour and a bad jam, I was getting frustrated as I can't get close to the gate despite queuing as there are so many cars cutting queue. I don't want to risk an accident because of this.

Luckily I was in my shorts and flip flop, I decided to park at the nearby car park and walk to the school.

With her being home early today, we decided to have some fun in the kitchen and what else is better than baking cookies together.

To add to the fun, we added M&Ms to the chocolate chips. After we done that, I was worrying about the sweetness but I am so sure that my son will love it.

Source: Nigella Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. Edith, the cookies looks perfect, my daughter sure will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,
    Children love cookies especially when it's added with some M&Ms, absolutely the heaven for children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used choc buttons instead or regular choc chips?
    Kids love everything colourful :)
    It's nice to have baking sessions with the kids, good bonding time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, you won't believe it, I only left 1/4 of what I baked. My son is eating it real fast.

    Wendy, mmm... it is choc chip but my M&Ms are the minis type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Generally speaking, we can't go wrong with M&Ms. I wonder what's the attraction about it.

    Your cookies look absolutely appetising, I'm sure my kids will like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Edith,

    These choco chip cookies look extra alluring with all the colouful m&m cookies. I bet no one will resist them. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to see the colourful of this cookies. I'm sure my boys will sure love these kind of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Edith,

    These choco chip cookies look extra alluring with all the colouful m&m cookies. I bet no one will resist them. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edith, the cookies looks perfect, my daughter sure will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to see the colourful of this cookies. I'm sure my boys will sure love these kind of cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin