Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A short week

Due to the National Day holiday, the school is getting an additional one day break from school. That makes a total of 4 non working days. If we were still childless, we would already up in Malaysia diving away. Unfortunately we are not anymore, the kids have to go back to fulfil their YOG duties as both their schools are chosen as the venue for the torch relay on a Sat and Sun respectively.

So that part of our life is no longer applicable. Being a parent is really tough. On National Day, I had a huge fall out with my son. Can't imagine how crude and how hurtful kids these days are. I can't imagine myself talking back to my parents like that. I am damn sure I will get a slap across the face if I ever talked to my parents this way. I was totally hurt by his remarks and his feeling towards me. I just couldn't get over it. In fact, I cried the whole day. Yes this is how bad it gotten to. My heart was broken into million pieces.

My hubby told me that I shouldn't hold it against a young boy but I just couldn't help it. After all, for the last 4 years, it was no easy task taking care of him. I guess I am at my breaking point.

I kept thinking about his first 8 years of his life. How easy it was and what about the next 8 years? Is this going to get harder and worse? Am I going to subject myself with such a life?

PB ever told me that her brother was very much worse off than my son. Her mom was afraid to have him at home.

I seriously don't know. I am lost and I am torn. Luckily my daughter is very sweet. She stood quietly by my side, hugging me, holding my hand. At least it balances off between the pain and the comfort.

Haiz.... I lost my appetite for the day. I found some jelly in the fridge that was leftover from the Bloggers' Party. It tasted so good that I got to make more. Sure been a long time since I tasted Konnyaku jelly.

I didn't bother to open a can of mixed fruits. Since I have punnets of blueberries in the fridge and a sachet of instant Konnyaku powder (my first). I used to buy the Konnyaku powder and citric acid separately but after I tried this. It doesn't seems any different with this instant powder. Now I am a convert.

Okay finally this Blueberry Konnyaku jelly is able to calm my raw nerve and with his apologies, I hope to get a good night sleep holding on to my daughter's hand.

I pray it will be a better tomorrow.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. Edith, I can empathise with you - my heart had been broken many times and it still breaks occasionally. Parenting is not easy and despite my age I'm still learning!
    I've never used blueberries in jelly. It looks refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I also can empathise with you as I am in the same boat as you. Can you imagine mine is a girl? How can one talk to parents like that? Kids nowadays are so different from last time. Sometimes I wish I were single....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Edith
    your son is probably going thru the teenage stage when they tend to be rebellious,rude etc...i haven't been thru that yet, coming in the next few yrs time...take heart, most pple i talk to said this is just a passing phase and once it is over, everything will be alright.
    regards
    octopusmum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busygran, is it really that difficult?

    Anonymous, it is a journey of no returns. Lucky for me, my hubby is always the one that reminded me.

    Octopusmum, i do know but somehow I can't seems to find the tunnel of light. haiz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, I can feel your sadness totally cos my 6 yrs old daughter talked back to me as well, I cant imagine how worst it can be when she grow up. She will use hurtful remark such as I dun wan you, I hate you, though I know she doesnt mean it but I still feel painful. Edith, stay strong and pull through, I believe your son will back to normal once he is over the teenage rebellious period. Meanwhile take care and I am so glad that the jelly can eased some of your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Edith,

    Hugs to you. I've 3 boys myself and i really wonder what to expect.

    I've seen both your girl and boy once at the gathering at Bishan ( at an aunty's nice place very long ago) and they were very sweet!

    How old is your boy now? I've to prepare myself mentally as mine is now 8 years old already.

    Hope you're feeling much better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, we have to train ourselves to be more thick skin so no words can hurt us. LOLz. Hang on there.

    Hi maameemoomoo, mmmm... now I am recalling where is that? My boy now is 13 and girl is 8. I think 8 years old is still a nice age to play with. Enjoy while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith, I'm sorry about what happened on National Day. =( ... Actually, I wonder if it's a fact that he's approaching adolescence, and thus, the rebellion. I told you, I was SO rebellious when I was in high school. You'd run miles away from the Pei-Lin back then. I was monstrous!

    No worries, I guess it's part of the process of growing up. I know it's easy to say being a parent is challenging, but I can't quite empathize with you unless I've become one myself. (Which I doubt I'll anyway, LOL!) So, please hang on there! Don't feel upset over Monday's episode. Everything will be alright.

    Tell you a dark side of me, I still argue with my parents ... except I tend to get tired easily these days. When I don't wanna take the argument further, I just sit down in front of my laptop, plug in the earphone, blog-hop, read cookbooks, edit photos, do what pleases me to distract myself from what's around me. Sad, huh? I don't have the stamina to fight. Though gotta admit, being a Libran myself, I tend to bring argument further to when I feel the situation is one-sided.

    Edith, you're one lovely mom!!! Don't forget no matter what's happened, they'll still love you deeply. You still have me here, already missing you and the rest lar ... Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was one of the gatherings organized by Jo (Karlskrona??) and the aunty's place we went to, she bakes excellent durian cake!

    It was really yearsss ago.. i just gave boy to my second boy then (now he's 6 already!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. maameemoomoo, that was really long ago. Unfortunately that person banned me and I am no longer in touch with them.

    Thanks for dropping by and keep in touch. Enjoy your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pei Lin, I guess Parenthood has it ups and downs. We just have to learn to adapt and cope with it. Let's hope that whatever values I impart will stay with him forever and he will grow up to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. maameemoomoo, that was really long ago. Unfortunately that person banned me and I am no longer in touch with them.

    Thanks for dropping by and keep in touch. Enjoy your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pei Lin, I guess Parenthood has it ups and downs. We just have to learn to adapt and cope with it. Let's hope that whatever values I impart will stay with him forever and he will grow up to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin