Sunday, August 15, 2010

My new chef

My boy has been taking Home Economic for this second half of the year. Though nothing was left to be brought home to showcase, he was eager to test out his new found knowledge.

So I gotten him some potatoes, minced beef and other ingredients he listed. Yes, he is very keen on this recipe as it is his favourite. He came home and told me that our Sherperd pie is really different from what he learnt in school. That is because mom loaded it with cheeses and the school don't. I told him that it is different because it is home made. We can adjust according to our liking. In a way, I am teaching him to be innovative. You don't have to go by the book all the time.

We were trying so hard to encourage him to prepare the meal solely by himself without asking for the helper's help.

Thus, he was dicing and slicing on his own. Then mom found out that he gotten the helper to help to cook the filling which is a no no for us. He was already whining about how tough to prepare a meal all by himself.

Dad took the chance to comment that thus it is always disheartened for the cook if one is picky with food that was served on the table because cooking a meal for a family is not as easy as it seems. He is only cooking one dish unlike our day to day meal. So now that he knows it is tough, he should be more appreciative of whatever food served at the table.

Let's hope he learnt something from today's lunch and in the meantime, let me present our lunch for the day.

A very first meal, that my son prepared out of our kitchen. Tada... and I am so proud of him.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. Wah, very nicely done!!
    I'm sure it taste full of TLC. Sure taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boy can cook! So he is not that difficult to manage lah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really impressed by how you teach your children. That's really a good idea to let him learn and understand prepare 3 meals a day is not an easy job and I'm sure he will appreciate everything you cook from this days onwards. You are great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure it is the most delicious meal you ever had! Whatever heartbreaks you have gone thru is all compensated :)
    It is wonderful to be able keep a blog to record all your Precious Moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, I love the way u teach your chidren, with such a a great mum, sure that your children wont be spoilt kids. Yummy yummy pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Yummy yummy! I'm sure this pie tasted exceptionally gooood! =p

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love your heart shaped dishes. Good for you that your little boy can be your able kitchen helper now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure it is the most delicious meal you ever had! Whatever heartbreaks you have gone thru is all compensated :)
    It is wonderful to be able keep a blog to record all your Precious Moments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin