Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A slow week

Since after the World Cup, I spent the next few days recuperating from my lack of beauty sleep. Was it age or what, I don't seems to be getting enough. All I wanted to do is to climb back into bed despite that I have my projects to do. I just can't find the inspiration. Boy, I am so tired and I am also getting panicky because by hook or by crook, I need to get those done.

But in the midst of all my drowsiness, I was craving for something Oreoish. Cheese cake? Nah, that is too fattening as I have already had plans to do something healthy. I plan to go for walks since I can't run because of my slipped disc. My love handle is getting from bad to worse and I do need to look good by November. Do I still have time to slack some more?

I must be finding myself one thousand and one reasons not to exercise and I am sure hubby totally agrees with my laziness. If I am as persistent as him, as hardworking as him, gosh, I believe I should have an awesome body. Unfortunately I have neither.

Anyway, I am thinking about Oreo a lot lately. Since I didn't want a cheese cake, I decided to bake some Oreo Butter Cookies. You might be thinking, what nonsense I am talking. Oreo is already a cookie! Well, it is because I was captivated by the picture of a recipe book! hahha

See for yourself. Aren't they pretty?

Photobucket

Recipe source: 100 ways - homemade cookies 孟老师

What you need:

60g oreo cookie (with cream removed)
70g unsalted butter
45g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
35g egg whites
150g plain flour
10g corn flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method

Break oreo into small bits.

Cream butter and icing sugar till soft and fluffly.

Add in vanilla essence. Mix well.

Add in egg white and with high speed, beat till they form a nice smooth batter.

Pour in all the flour, baking powder, corn flour and mix to form a dough.

Add in oreo bits and mix till well.

Spread onto a plastic sheet and roll it up to form a round tube.

Chill in fridge for 3 hours.

Cut thinnly and baked at 180 degree for 10 mins or till golden brown.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. If they are square, and the oreos are arranged nicely, then when you cut, they'll look like zebra lines.

    Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin