Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Never say die

Well I failed twice and I told myself that I am not giving up. Maybe I will be third time lucky. After all, this dessert was so well loved by me that I actually had this practically every day while I was holidaying.

Thus I know that I got to keep trying till I get it. With a never die spirit, I went about doing my third try today because I wanted to shake off that sleepy mode that I have been experiencing since after the World Cup for I knew I already had given my body the deserved rest. Somehow, I still feel sleepy and I have been crawling back to bed at whatever chance I had. Neglecting the fact that I have projects to accomplish and it needs to get it done by these few days. Thus, I just got to push myself to do something.

My inner brain is stimulating the outer brain or the other way round. I finally, am in the kitchen and not on my bed.

Darn, I have forgotten to buy plain fresh milk as my children only love chocolate fresh milk. Thanks to their dad who introduced it to them. Now they got hooked to it and refused to compromise at all.

Photobucket

This time round, my milk was boiling hot, when it reached 85 deg.

I waited for it to set and praying that this time it works.

Good sign

Photobucket

but not for long ....

Photobucket

It still didn't have that bean curd texture but chocolate with ginger is superb. Yum yum.

Photobucket

What you need:
1 serving

3 tsp ginger juice
125ml milk
1 heaped tsp sugar

Method

Put ginger juice into a 6oz ramekin

Bring the milk and sugar to a boil, turn off the heat. Check temperature to a 85 deg. If don't have thermometer, leave milk to cool down in the pot for 10 sec after boil).

Pour milk from 6 inches above bowl.

Let the curd set for 10 mins.

Enjoy warm or chilled
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Edith, I just made it with chocolate milk too! I prefer the chocolate version.

    I wonder what happened to yours, set and turned watery again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BH, I can't explain why too coz my porcelin spoon didn't sink in but I didn't get that tofa texture.

    Did your milk boil briskly? or just bubbles at the side. Perhaps next round, I will check the pot.

    Mery, it is very delicious if not for the texture. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate flavour sounds like it's worth trying again! Maybe I'll give it a try and see if it turns out, with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the same exact brand of chocolate malt milk...tempted to make it too, heehee. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, I just made it with chocolate milk too! I prefer the chocolate version.

    I wonder what happened to yours, set and turned watery again?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin