Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Irony

My body is slowly adjusting to the new routine. After all, it hasn't been waking up at 6am for a month! On top of that, I didn't get to sleep early for the past few days because we were busy watching 24 Season 7 till nearly midnight.

DVD is really addictive! I can't bring myself to watch the never ending Hong Kong drama series. Way too hard for my brain. Yes, if I spent beyond certain hours of watching TV, I get migraine. Don't ask me why but I do get it and it will last for a day or two. Even after taking medication, it will only lessen but the pain will not go away. Perhaps it is tension headache!!! The funny part is that it is supposed to be an enjoyment but I got tensed!

We finally managed to finish it last night. I suspect there will be a season 8 somehow. Let's see about it.

Besides being a couch potato, I have been busy coming up with a time table for my new helper. Hubby said that it is best so that the maid knows what is the expected from us rather than leaving them to run the household as they please even though we have one that has two working years experience yet this still doesn’t work out.

I actually have problem coming up with the time table now as compared to when my kids were young then. The time table then was centred around the kids. Now as the kids are big and independent, I seriously wonder what priority should come first. I think basically for the helper, it will be cleaning, packing and cooking.

Having such a headache doing this one, I shall distract myself with something more interesting for the time being. (wink wink)

I have been itching to bake. Thus been surfing for new idea new recipe that entice me enough to shake off my anti muscle relaxant. I just need to break away from this drowsy mood.

Over the weekend, C gave me a large batch of egg white as she needed to break up the space in her fridge. And I found this interesting recipe from Nami Nami using egg white! Bingo!

So here is my attempt for this Egg White Cake.

Verdict: The taste is alittle like our Chinese sponge cake, perhaps next round I will infused it with either vanilla or some citrus to mask the "eggy" taste.

Nevertheless, this recipe is a keeper as it is so soft and because the butter is so little, I guess this cake is healthy as well.

Photobucket

What you need:
Serves 8-10


6 large egg whites (I used 228g)
230g caster sugar
160 g plain flour
81g cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
100 g melted butter (slightly cooled)

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degree. Greased and flour bundt pan.

Whisk the egg whites with 2 Tbsp of sugar until thick and pale and very foamy.

Mix the rest of the sugar with flour, corn flour and baking powder, then sift into the egg mixture and fold in gently.

Finally fold in cool melted butter.

Pour the batter into a buttered bundt-form and bake for 30-40 minutes. Test for doneness with a wooden toothpick.

Cool slightly before turning out of the cake tin.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that cake really looks like one on the healthier side ... Not much grease called for, and it's oil ... not butter, shortening and whatnot. =)

    That's why ... I hardly watch TV nowadays. Same to movie going. The only thing I'd watch I guess is cooking shows. Man, come to think of it ... I think I've had the ban on myself for 6 years ... I don't like the idea of being passively entertained lah ... Haha ... That's just me lah ... Quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Now I can utilise my frozen egg whites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin