Thursday, May 06, 2010
Since I started blogging in Jan 2005, I did receive some awards from fellow bloggers. Up to the day that I accidentally deleted 300 over posts, I haven't been getting any there after. I was sad not because I was getting an award but rather that I wasn't able to retrieve many of the award posts that I lost. A recollection of what were in my thoughts then.
Somehow, blog awards died along the way for me till Bakericious came by. I was like "wow". At long last, my blog is not forgotten. hahaha..
Looking back, many of the bloggers that I known back then, either stopped blogging or just vanished into thin air.
So when Bakericious dropped me a comment to say that she has an award for me, I was happy.
Thanks for thinking about me, Bakericious.
The rule of this award is as follows:
(1) thank the person who passed you the award.
(2) paste the award to your blog.
(3) pass it to another 12 bloggers or more if you prefer.
(4) write 10 things about yourself.
So here is the list of my 12 favourite bloggers.
1. Piggy's Cooking Journal
2. Do What I like
3. Sugar & Everything Nice
4. Dodol & Mochi
5. Quinn's Baking Diary
6. All That Matters
7. East meets West
9. Tina's Kitchen
10. Almost Bourdain
12. The Little Teochew
Okay gals, have fun with this award.
Now a little about myself
1. Bred and born in sunny Singapore. My better half is also a Singaporean.
2. I am petite and I have a nick name Chilli Padi. So go figure out my temper (luckily I have mellowed down due to age).
3. I picked up baking out of boredom when I started to become a stay home mom. A good way to destress too.
4. In 2006, I pick up sugar crafting as well as cupcake deco. A hobby that turned into a passion and a little venture along the way. Now I am into fondant cakes.
5. Besides food, we love to travel as well. We spent the first 6 years of our marriage travelling. When we have our first and second kids, it didn't slow us down. Only when our first child started mainstream school, our travelling bugs started to slow down. With school in the way, I can't wait for my two little ones to be independent and old enough to care for themselves.
6. During my younger days, I am a dare devil. With age catching up, I, now a coward that am not game for adventure anymore.
5. Used to be a 80% bookworm but with my eyesight now, I go for pictures instead.
7. I can't sit still for long, thus I have no patience for internet surfing. Thanks to all my wonderful cyber friends who are damn good with their fingers and provided me with tons of new information and links, my son dare not say I am a stay home mom who knows nuts about the outside world. hahaha
8. TV bores me unless it is educational and with good taste humour. I used to be a big fan of CSI and Criminal mind though. Hated slap stick comedy, my hubby thinks I have no sense of humour.
9. I love talking. I enjoyed talking to anyone who gives her a chance to yak. Thus I love entertaining people in my little house.
10. These days I don't buy shoes and clothes. I go for baking accessories. Wait till my hubby check on my little private corner. He will faint I supposed.
Thanks to Janny (she doesn't blog anymore), without her, I most likely ended up being a mom who hides in her well and slowly becoming a dementia. Without her, Precious Moments will not exist. Thanks my friend.
Posted by Edith at 6:20 PM