Wednesday, May 12, 2010

End of Exam Fever

Yea I am really relieved that exam fever is over. Although my dear son still has one last paper to complete. I think by now, he should be confident enough to sit for his last paper.

I really pray hard that my little one will take her exam seriously and not just giving throw dice answer as she had done for all her revision papers given out by her teacher. I nearly fainted when I saw those scores.

By the time hubby hit the road, exam is done and out. I don't have to nag and nag at son to complete his revision and I don't have to sit and monitor my little one to finish her assessment practise. Yea!

My kids don't understand how much I hate nagging. It makes me feel old and after a session, I actually feel tired.

I wonder how many mommies out there who don't nag? I really would love to meet up with you and learn a trick or two.

Not only I need to nag at my kids, I also have to do so at my helper. Gosh!!!! No wonder I look like an old auntie. Why can't they remember instructions given to them? Why can't they follow rules? Haiz....

Today’s weather wasn’t good too. On my way home after dropping son in the early morning, along the ECP, I can hardly see the Singapore Flyer. It was so hazy. Then it started to rain but it was miserable few drops. I wish it was a wholehearted rain. With the humidity, I was feeling lazy and hot.

I am not going to lose steam over the humans and the weather. I am going to channel my energy into something more productive! I am going to bake a cake! In fact, I am going to bake brownies as my family loves them. It will be just nice for hubby to sample before he leaves for a short trip tomorrow.

This is the first recipe that I tried from Rose’s Heavenly Cake. Actually I bought this book quite some time back but haven’t really had a chance to really go through it. In fact, this is not the only book I buy and didn’t pluck one recipe to attempt. I had her Cake Bible which I read through but yet to attempt on those recipes. Don’t ask me why I bought it. I guess this bug is in all keen bakers’ systems.

Anyway, I also wanted to use my latest bake ware that was sponsored by Silikomart Itay via Baker’s Choice. It has a really cute design. Unfortunately, because of the nuts or the recipe, the pretty design didn’t come out well. Next attempt, I will try it with a pound cake recipe instead.

With the silicone mould, I didn't even have to grease the mould. The cute brownie bites are so easy to remove. I no longer worried that it will have a chemical reaction to the high heat anymore since now I can tell the difference between the fake and the real stuff.

The recipe is awesome, my kids love it so much and even hubby commented that it is good. It is also easy to put together and in my context, fool proof.

It has this cakey yet fudgy texture. The chocolate flavour is intense even though it was just a small portion of chocolate being used.

It tasted even better then next day. Too bad I didn’t have any vanilla ice cream at home. If not, it will be best combination!

Now would you like to share some Barcelona Brownies?

Photobucket

What you need:

75g pecans, chopped
130g unsalted butter
56g dark chocholate, chopped
33g cocoa powder
156g castor sugar (reduce by 20g)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
56g cream cheese
50g plain flour

Method


Preheat oven to 160 deg. Prepare muffin pan.

Melt the butter and chocolate over double boiler. Cool completely.

Beat the melted chocolate mixture with the cocoa and sugar on med speed. Beat in the eggs and vanilla for about 30 sec.

Beat in the cream cheese.

Add the flour and salt and mix on low speed until flour is incoporated.

Add pecans and mix for 3 secs.

Pour into pan and bake for 12 - 15 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. its a different era of schooling stress altogether...

    during my era, my Mom need not care about if we had done our homework, prepare for exams or when our school holidays starts or ends....

    it aint easy being modern day parents either.... i have no experience in this area...

    take it easy ya, we learn the hard way when we stumble and fall... but it ingrains in deeper and better...

    so jia you hor Precious Moments !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Is it possible to share the recipe?
    it looks so cute and chocolaty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree with you Yan. It is tough in this modern day to be parents.

    But I believe one day, I am able to look back in life and recall those precious moments in my life.

    Mommy of 3, can you give me your email so that I can send the recipe to you. I can't post the recipe in case of copy right issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a different era of schooling stress altogether...

    during my era, my Mom need not care about if we had done our homework, prepare for exams or when our school holidays starts or ends....

    it aint easy being modern day parents either.... i have no experience in this area...

    take it easy ya, we learn the hard way when we stumble and fall... but it ingrains in deeper and better...

    so jia you hor Precious Moments !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin