Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching up with time

Yesterday I had a parent -teacher session in my little princess's school. Besides knowing her results, I didn't leave the school in great comfort. I was bothered by the results as well by the attitude the teacher gave.

When I found out that the teacher has 18 years of teaching experience in her sleeve, I was definitely not impressed by the way she handled my concerns.

Just so, the principal walked past just as I was leaving the classroom. I took the opportunity to have a few words with her.

Though I learnt a few parenting tips from her but I was still not very at ease on how my daughter's development for the following half year. I guess to be fair, I will give her advice a go for the next 3 months.

Anyway, this June, we will have a lot of catching up to do with little one.

The weather has been really taunting, it is practically like getting a steam in the sauna. I decided not to do any baking but I was craving for something spicy.

This recipe was used when I had a recent gathering at my place and was well loved. Instead of using beef, I replaced it with chicken and it tasted just as good.

Pardon the poor quality of the presentation as I only realised that I was supposed to post this recipe in my blog for R and CT but we already started eating.

Sorry gals that I took so long with the Chicken Rendang recipe. Hope you enjoy it.

Photobucket

Update:

I received a call two days later, the teacher sounded keen to work with me now. She also hinted that the principal had a talk with her. To be honest, I don’t really care as long as we can work together to help my little one. I am already happy about it.

What you need:

1kg beef shin or chicken
200g dried chilli
180g onion
100g garlic
2cm tumeric
100g ginger
100g blue ginger
2 stalks lemon grass
1.5 coconut (squeeze juice with 1.5 cup of water)
4 kaffir lime leaf
4 daun salam
salt to taste

Method

Grind or pound spices to paste.

Heat oil and fry till fragrant. Add in meat and stir till well coated.

Add in 1 cup of light coconut milk.

Add in lemon grass, kaffir lime leaf and daun salam. Bring to boil and lower heat to a slow simmer for 1/2 hour.

Add in the remaining coconut milk.

Serve with rice.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Edith, where is the recipe? You did mention you will post it right? Seems like you're having parenting issue with both your son and daughter. Take it easy, I don't have kids and I don't want to, they sound, hehe, maybe I shouldn't comment but nope, kids never cross my mind. Maybe I'm still young? I will never have tat much patience as you, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha after I posted the write up then I realised that I forgotten to add in the recipe. Old age.

    Yah parenting is really tough these days.

    My son is turning 13 this year and into his teens. It is an identity crisis for him I guess. Now I have to exercise lots of patience.

    For my daughter, she takes a little more time to learn and I am hoping to work with the school to help her.

    Though there are downside of parenting but the joy of seeing them grow is tremendous and that precious moments can never be erased.

    So don't be dishearted by my experience. Each child is different and each child has their own beauty.

    Life is not complete if we don't walk thru the whole life cycle.

    Do consider when the time is right for you to be parents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin