Monday, May 17, 2010

A beautiful Monday

We had a lovely weekend. Went to a nice restaurant and watch a performance in Esplanade.

Due to the afternoon heat, I developed a migraine. For the past two nights, I didn't really sleep well because of the rain. I was woken up by the rain and went round the house to make sure all windows are closed as my helper is like dead log when she sleeps.

After sending my boy to school, I actually went back to sleep this morning. Hoping my tense muscle will relax. Thankfully, it did and I felt much better.

After the heavy downpour last night, the weather is great this morning. I really hope it will sustain. It started off very well as I had a long conversation with DC. It added even warm feel to a beautiful Monday. After all, our topic of conversation was December holiday. Now I must ask my dear hubby whether it will be the appropriate time for him to take his annual leave.

It will be so nice if two or three families can go holidaying. I am sure my daughter will be so delighted. After all, our kids kind of grew up together.

After that phone call, I logged onto my blog and receive yet another nice surprise from Lavender Blue. She has given me an award! And this is what she said about me :

"seeing your lovely decorated cakes and all of your other amazing baked goods always makes me want to run to my kitchen and start baking something"

I am delighted that my blog actually inspires other bloggers. Just like what other bloggers inspired me on. The world will be such a nice place to live if everyone is nice towards each other.

Photobucket

As part of the Happiness Award, I have been asked to list 10 things that make me happy.

I am happy that:

1) I am blessed that God listens to my prayer 14 years ago and sent me with two lovely angels.

2) I have a hubby that doesn't need me to worry about putting food on the table and a roof over my head.

3) I am still happily married.

4) my parents are still mobile and enjoy their life.

5) I wake up with my heart pumping happily and am in good health despite a little troublesome rash and an ad hoc migraine.

6) I am able to experience ups and downs in life so that I can appreciate each experience when I looked back in life.

7) I am able enough to travel and see the world and experience different culture and immense myself in their history and mingle with the people.

8) I can bake as much as I like and able to spread my tried and tested recipes in this wonderful blogging world.

9) I found a group of friends that taught me what how to enjoy life and makes me special in my own way. That won’t take me for granted. Yea, and we are going on our first virgin trip together this June.

10) I am fortunate to have my family and friends around me, to support me and to encourage me. Thank you all.

Sometime I really wish that Singaporeans are a little warmer in personality. Greeting strangers with a good morning definitely brightens one’s day.

Thanks Heather! You are a sweet person and you definitely chase away the Monday Blues.

As I haven't really been blog reading these past few months due to my poor eyesight (Yes I really need to get another pair of glasses). I am really at lost who I should pass this on.

So to all my wonderful readers, please treat this as a special invitation. I am sharing this wonderful award with all of you.

Enjoy the week ahead.
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Hope u'll be feeling better soon.

    Yeah, getting words of encouragement from readers really makes the day so much better.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, come live in Adelaide. My neighbors twenty doors away get upset if I forgot to wish them good morning when I go out and walk the dog and bump into them! We say hi to practically anyone, anywhere. I did that in Malaysia the last time I went back, in an elevator to a couple and they not only didn't respond, they said in Malay, 'perempuan ni dah mabuk siang hari!' which means this girl is already drunk though it's still broad daylight! Ever since then, I stop greeting people, when I'm in Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good week ahead, Precious Moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith

    i would like to ask u sth about the steam horlicks cake. i am interested to try out the recipe but the amt of butter required put me off...do u think it is okay if i just use half the butter and substitute the other half with corn oil?
    thks
    octopusmum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, you are so right about encouragement from readers. It definitely brighten up your day as well as motivate you to carry on.

    Quinn, I always find it strange that why only Asian behaves such. The whole is so small now, isn't it nice to smile and greet each other? Lucky for me, my kids took after me as being sociable. hahaha or kaypoh?

    Kitchen Corner, you have a good week ahead too.

    Ellie, thanks I am feeling good.

    Octopusmum, actually i don't really know whether this is feasible as it is steamed. Perhaps if you are game enough to try, do let me and the rest of the readers know your outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see you so happy, in spite of feeling a little under the weather.

    As you know, I've run off to bake a few of your cakes only of course they never turn out as pretty as yours :-)

    Hope your holiday plans will work out as you want them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edith

    Unfortunately I have some sad news about Rosie from Baking Cakes Galore, Rosie passed away yesterday. I have written up a tribute to her on my blog and I am asking everyone who knew her if they would please take some time to leave a comment. I will be printing off all the comments to pass onto her husband.

    Thanks
    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. thks for the advice. i think u might have heard or even tried out the steam moist chocolate cake that is v popular in KC. i remembered i use half corn oil, half butter to make that which is why i thought i could do the same for the horlicks cake. not sure whether i have the guts to try using corn oil, will surely update u if i am successful:)
    Octopusmum

    ReplyDelete
  9. thks for the advice. i think u might have heard or even tried out the steam moist chocolate cake that is v popular in KC. i remembered i use half corn oil, half butter to make that which is why i thought i could do the same for the horlicks cake. not sure whether i have the guts to try using corn oil, will surely update u if i am successful:)
    Octopusmum

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to see you so happy, in spite of feeling a little under the weather.

    As you know, I've run off to bake a few of your cakes only of course they never turn out as pretty as yours :-)

    Hope your holiday plans will work out as you want them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope u'll be feeling better soon.

    Yeah, getting words of encouragement from readers really makes the day so much better.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin