Friday, May 14, 2010

3 times jinx?

Despite the little “accidents” of my last two days' bake, my Barcelona Brownies was good but the imprint was not there. My Light Butter Cake was good too but it wasn't fully baked in the centre. So I decided to break that 3 times curse (hahaha), I went on to bake Tina’s Kitchen Chocolate and Macadamia Nut cookies.

I promised my boy that I will bake a batch for him after the exam.

So here I am....

It was a big mistake to dump two trays in my 56 litre oven. The top tray turned out beautifully but for the bottom tray, it kind of spread too much and ended up sticking to one another.

Then I overlook the timing for the lower tray and it browned a little too much.

Nevertheless, it is still good and as usual, I am sure my son will munch all these up in no time.

So now, I believe I broke that 3 times curse. LOLz. Hopefully my next few bakes will be perr...fect!

Thanks T, it is really good.

Photobucket

What you need:

110 g unsalted butter
115g castor sugar
43g brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
170 g plain flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon salt
175 g unsalted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
225 g white/plain chocolate, chopped

Method:

Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.

Cream the butter and sugars together until well combined and slightly fluffy.
Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.

Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add into creamed mixture and stir in until a soft dough is formed. Add the chopped nuts and chocolate chips and mix till they're evenly distributed.

Drop 1 tablespoonful of dough onto the lined baking sheet. The cookies will
spread, so leave 2" gaps between each ball. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly
golden brown.

Cool one minute on the sheet; transfer to a wire rack to finish
cooling.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Edith, sometimes, trying to be a perfectionist can be very draining and I find that blogging brings out the perfectionist demon in us... I don't eat alot of what I bake but choose to give them away and I have refused to give them away when they are not perfect... resulting in wastage... I know I will probably go to hell for wasting food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Shirley, where are you putting up? I don't mind being your neighbour and any so called imperfect bakes. Send them all over. I have a house full of hungry wolves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a blogger award http://heatherfeather-lavenderblue.blogspot.com/2010/05/happiness-sunshine.html

    Thanks for sharing all of your great baked goods :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to ask you, did J like the cookies you baked him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heather! Great to hear from you.

    T, yes yes he did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl...am meiteoh from MummySG.

    One tip with baking two trays at the same time is that you need to rotate them halfway to keep the heat distribution and cooking even, especially if you're using a desktop oven. I do this all the time even with regular convection ovens and so far, no issues. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin