Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pardon me

First of all, I want to apologise to all my readers who have been visiting my little blog but unable to access.
For those who wrote in, they know the reason why. I am not going to talk about it and I am definitely praying hard that these people will move on.

Anyway, I am now back blogging so that my hubby will know what the mouse is up to while the cat is out.

Today was a great day or rather a super productive day. I think I clock 18 hours running about. Though tired but it was a day well-spend.

It is FHA week, I have quite a few Malaysian friends who are in town. I took the opportunity to invite them to my place for a little gathering. You see, I befriended these awesome people in a forum that enjoy creating beautiful cakes. They are so talented.

It was a very good session as all the like minded grouped together. We even had J, who came by with Silomat representative to give us a better understanding of silicone bake ware.

I was furious when I found out that I had bought an imitation one two years back from FHA. Luckily it was a white elephant sitting pretty in my cupboard. I just can't imagine the chemical reaction under high heat that goes into my cake.

I am generally careful with such products. The plastic smell actually deters me from buying silicone moulds for making my sugar craft’s life easier. I don’t feel comfortable using them when it is food related. So this evening session is actually very good knowledge for me. Now I know how to spot the real thing and the fake.

J also brought some very interesting products that will be coming into the market. I am definitely looking forward to it. I am going to try out on my next three projects. Thanks J for the samples (as below)!

Aren’t they beautiful?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ended the night with a lucky draw (yes, J sponsored the products) and everyone went home happy.

After the party ended, a call from hubby to say that he managed to secure a seat to Holland.  So I took a cab to the airport to pick up my car.  Talking about multi tasking, I think we women, are really good at this.

it is time to work. As I have a cupcake commitment for an early delivery. I just had to stay up to work on it.

Morning had come, and I am happy that I completed my project that leaves me with slightly over 4 hours of sleep.

Photobucket
I think I need to work on it more for this theme. Ain't too pleased.
Print Friendly and PDF

15 comments:

  1. I was one of those that tried to access your blog but was locked... thought you are going to take it private! Haha.

    Whatever happened, I hope u are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,
    Great to see u back in action...means the storm is over!
    Dun take to heart the negative opinions of others..mostly, they are just envious...
    Hope u have rested well after the lack of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those rose petals are so real. E, you are truely artistic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cookie, I am feeling good. Thanks so much for dropping by and supporting my blog.

    Janice, I hope it will be over. I am thickening my layers of skin slowly. heheheh..

    Yah, last week was really a mad week due to my poor time management. I promised I will do better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. G, those rose petal not done by me. It was from the sample. BEautiful isn't it? I want to work toward this target. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, thank God your blog came online again! :) I hop around everyone's blog to read, digest and de-stress. Yours is definitely one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are back, finally! =)
    It was sad that I thought you were making this a private blog because I really enjoy reading your entries and looking at beautiful photos of your bakes!

    Now im happy to be able to access you blog again! =) Hope those people with negative comments and who don't know how to appreciate will stay away!

    Cheers! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Gina for your support.

    Denise, welcome to my blog. Nice to know that I have nice supporter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the moulds, you mean the rabbit too is from mould? Keep us posted on when they will hit the market. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SIG, the figurines are not from mould but a new product.

    As for the silicone mould, pls buy from reputable brand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SIG, the figurines are not from mould but a new product.

    As for the silicone mould, pls buy from reputable brand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the moulds, you mean the rabbit too is from mould? Keep us posted on when they will hit the market. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Edith, thank God your blog came online again! :) I hop around everyone's blog to read, digest and de-stress. Yours is definitely one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those rose petals are so real. E, you are truely artistic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was one of those that tried to access your blog but was locked... thought you are going to take it private! Haha.

    Whatever happened, I hope u are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin