Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A close shave

Yesterday, A rang to ask whether I can do a cake for her friend. Her requirement was just a simple cake and I was thinking to myself, why not as I was already forming my concept when I was on the phone with her.

Took it on and I managed to complete my little project by night fall.

Today, I started with a very productive morning. Went for my facial and even had a nice massage. I was sure that I can complete the order by 8pm. I was steady as a rock.

However, things didn't turn out the way I wanted. My cakes failed to rise and I was desperate. I didn’t have enough time to search for another recipe that was firm enough to withstand the weight of the Grand piano. Luckily J was on line and she saved my day.

It was such a close shave that I told myself I will never ever take it for granted. I must always have plan B or baked in advance. I can’t live dangerously anymore when it is a commitment to others.

I have been bad today.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I am your silent reader. Was very sad to find your blog "blocked" a few weeks ago. I am so happy you have opened it up to readers again. Do keep on baking, your recipe always works for me.

    If you should block your blog again, hope you don't mind including me as a silent reader. My email is ritatanyf@gmail.com (pls don't publish). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, finally can see ur blog.
    I've been trying for the past 2 weeks but I just can't get to read ur blog...I was abit sad but now I can ;) so happy.

    I think for baking it's always best to do in advance cos u never know wat will happen in the oven as I faced such cases a few times too..hee hee..bad habit.

    Love u works..keep it up!

    Thanks for sharing :)
    florz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, finally can see ur blog.
    I've been trying for the past 2 weeks but I just can't get to read ur blog...I was abit sad but now I can ;) so happy.

    I think for baking it's always best to do in advance cos u never know wat will happen in the oven as I faced such cases a few times too..hee hee..bad habit.

    Love u works..keep it up!

    Thanks for sharing :)
    florz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin