Sunday, February 07, 2010

Thank you

I love my Cousin E. She is always so chirpy, happy and best of all, she has an easy going personality.

Cousin E's pineapple tart was a hot favourite in our family. It is something we cannot do without for 10 years, till she make a decision to stop baking this 3 years ago.

I requested for her to teach me her pineapple tart and she obliged. Since my family always crave for hers as we couldn't find anyone's that matches hers.

I wasn't as hardworking as E, she would personally grate pineapples and spent hours slowly cooking the jam to perfection. I took the easy way out of getting ready made jam. Invited her to stay over for lunch, here is what I prepared.

We have eaten this dish before but just can't recall the taste as well as where. Thus here I am trying to replicate Marmite Chicken again. Luckily my family thinks that it is quite tasty.

Photobucket

Source: Kuali.com

What you need:
Marinate:


1 whole chicken
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp light soya sauce
1 egg
6 tbsp corn flour

Sauce:

4 tbsp marmite
2 tbsp maltose
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp light soya sauce
100ml water

Method:

Marinate chicken with seasoning and let it stand for 1 hour.

Heat wok with oil and deep fry the chicken till it is cooked and golden in colour. Set aside.

Pour sauce mixture into a pan and boil till sauce starts to thicken.

Add in chicken and coat well.

Serve with rice.

*******************

Next is Grilled Salmon with Teriyaki Sauce. I love Teriyaki Sauce and so do my kids.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Was wondering what is maltose? Can I still go on cooking the dish if I do not have maltose? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use honey but adjust the seasoning coz some honey is sweeter than others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin