Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The secret

For the past 4 days, we have been loading ourselves with so much calories that we decided to eat something light for lunch today. Thus I opted for Chicken Ipoh Hor Fun (鸡丝河粉).

Unfortunately we ran out of green leafy vegetable as the last packet of kalian had turned yellow in the fridge. I hate throwing out food. I wish I had eaten it earlier instead. I must remind myself and the helper to cook leafy vegetable first so this time round, we have to make do with celery instead for this meal.

I am a die hard fan of Chicken Ipoh Hor Fun. I was told that why Ipoh Hor Fun tasted so good was not because of special method of preparing but rather the water that they used.

Before LL passed on, she actually brought me to this little stall in a tiny coffee shop in JB. According to her, the old man actually make daily trip to Ipoh just to get his noodle supply. It was heavenly.

Since then, I have been twice to Ipoh and it is something that I will eat at all cost. I love the silky texture of this noodle. To date, I have yet to taste a wonderful bowl of Ipoh Hor Fun. Those that I think passed the test are either retired or moved location. Despite disappointment after disappointment, I still continue to search for them and will not fail to try whenever I see a new stall selling this.

I have tried my hand at this. Though not authentic like those that I tried before, at least it was good enough to satisfy my family and myself.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Edith, yes you are right about Ipoh Hor Fun. Its the mountain water that contain some minerals that makes the hor fun so "Q-Q". No matter how much you fry it, it won't break. The ones we have in Singapore, breaks so easily. I also want to diet..too much rich food. Wishing you a year of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith you're too thin to diet :-)

    This Ipoh Hor Fun looks so yummy, I wish I could have some too.

    Happy Tiger Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree .. what diet? You are too skinny! I love Ipoh Hor Fun though I hate to admit that I've not been there (even though I'm a Malaysian). Hope you enjoyed your CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too Gina.

    BL, Gong Hei Fatt Choi. I am not that thin anymore. Since we last met, I have ballooned.

    Jo. you haven't see me for a long time. I have increased in size now. hehehe. I love Ipoh and the food there. Malaysia is very big, there are many interesting places and food to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin