Wednesday, January 27, 2010

a little nap along the way

Yesterday, after my little meet up with the girls, P and C. I had plans to start my round 2 of cookie baking.

We spent a good afternoon catching up with each other over our pizza lunch. I had a fabulous time in their company. Time flies chatting with them.

Soon it was time to pick up son from soccer. Right after I came home, my rash starts to attack me again. Didn't want to feel horrible while baking, I took my antihistamine.

I ended up feeling so tired that I decided to take a nap. There goes my plan. I was totally wasted, no mood for anything.

I guess hubby was surprised when he came home after his business dinner to find me in bed, half dozing off rather than at my usual spot in the study.

Today, though I am still feeling tired (the after effect of medication), but I still have many more cookies to go and definitely needed to complete them by tomorrow. Thus today I must be hard working.

I love Macau Almond Cookies. Since my last attempt wasn't that great as it cracked as I believe that I didn't use the proper flour, this time round, I was determined to get it right.

Few weeks back, hubby bought home a beautiful pack of almond, it just fall nicely into my wish list.

I didn't expect my nightmare to begin when I decided to turn them into bite size cookies. It was so tedious making them into bite size as I have only one mould! I spent hours just to complete all the dough.

Despite all the hard work, I think these looks pretty..

Here is my bite size Macau Almond Cookies (澳门杏仁饼干).

Verdict: Yummy

Photobucket *****

I lost the momentum after the Macau Almond Cookies. I wasn't thinking straight anymore. Instead of focusing on my “to do” list, my mind wanders and I was looking for something that is easy.

Mistake! I took a recipe off a forum/blog without doing research on it. The dough turned out to be crumbly and dry. Darn, it is getting late and I really have no more energy to burn midnight oil.

How on earth did she arrive on such proportion, I can only dig deep when I have the time.

Upon reading her blog comment posts, I realised that I wasn't the only one experiencing this. Phew, so it is not my eyes that are playing tricks.

I was desperate as I didn't want to throw a good jar of peanut butter away. I went onto the net to search for a similar recipe. Tada, I finally found the ORIGINAL recipe on the net. Though the ingredients are all in order, the measurement wasn't!!!

I quickly did some top up here and there and finally, here is my Peanut Butter Sandies.

Photobucket

Okay, if you are interested which I strongly encourage you to try Coconut and Lime's recipe

here.

I have made mine less sweet.

What you need:

455g smooth or chunky peanut butter
125g flour
200g light brown sugar

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degree C.

Beat sugar and peanut butter.

Slowly add flour and mix thoroughly to combined.

Roll into a ball and flatten with a fork.

Bake for 8 mins or till light golden.

Allow to cook on sheet before transferring to cooling rack.

Verdict: Hubby who is a peanut butter lover likes it but we found a slight hint of bitterness.

Reason could be I overbaked them. Also the colour is rather dark, I conclude that it could be the golden castor sugar that I used.

I should have just used a regular as peanut butter already dark in colour.

This teaches me a lesson, never wander off course.

Be focus and follow through my own plan.

Tomorrow, I must be more organised and steady.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious - but imagine the amount of time and effort to make them and you just pop them in one second in your mouth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah so true BL. It is so much faster eating them than making them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin