Thursday, January 21, 2010

I was told

that we shouldn't eat too much BIG fishes. Reason being it has more toxins in them.

True or not, I can't tell but a friend who suffered from cancer in 6 areas, able to survive for 20 years.

Long enough to see his first born passed his PSLE and fulfil his dad's wish to enter into a good school.

L was a very brave wife. When she married our friend JA, he was already a cancer patient. Throughout their marriage, he went in and out of relapses. After intense research, she changed the diet for the whole family.

The children included were trained to eat raw and bland food. They will not touch big fishes such as salmon, tuna or cod. What they eat were steam small fishes. Vegetable were eaten raw. Water is filtered.

If I am not wrong, salt and sugar were totally out. After years of such strict diet, I guess JA who is a food lover just didn't want to do it anymore. He gave himself some indulgence at times. Perhaps that was the reason why, he finally succumbed to cancer and passed away peacefully on 26 Dec 200.

Being a Singaporean, just like JA, we all are food lovers. I seriously don't know whether I can ever go into such diet.

I guess we just have to exercise moderation in whatever we eat. Abstaining from our favourite food sometime can remove the pleasure in life.

Thus, we live by the day, we treasure each day as if it is our last. Live it meaningfully and with no regrets.

I bought some nice salmon at the market. Since we had been having fried food for the past few days, I decided to steam it instead. Steam Salmon with Lemon was actually taught to me by CC, my kindergarten friend.

She is a wholesome healthy person who is able to eat steam food on a daily basis.

I like it as the lemon really masked the oiliness of salmon and it is so easy to prepare. Thanks mate.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I've never thought of steaming lemons and salmon. It's very healthy and I should definitely make this for dinner. Thanks so much for sharing the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,
    Thanks for the story. We need to be constantly reminded to love ourselves and appreciate people around us. Life is just too unpredictable.

    I steam salmons with lemons, sea salt and black pepper, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try it Tracie, it is delicious. At least to me.

    BH, yes life is so unpredictable. Living in harmony and fill the earth with love.

    Yours sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of steaming lemons and salmon. It's very healthy and I should definitely make this for dinner. Thanks so much for sharing the story :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin