Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Twice in a row

Three months back when we decided to terminate the contract of the last helper. We went to the agency to pick a new one. Waited, a month passed, still no news. Just when we are about to go for our holiday, agency called to say that she is unable to get the passport.

We reselect another one and left for our holiday with agency promising that the new helper will be able to come onboard by end Dec. A day ago, I received another bad news. She is not coming!

For the past weeks, I have been coping without one. Though tired but I am happy. At least, the emotional part is erased.

For physical, I guess I just have to become stronger to handle it all. The goodness about a home without a helper, the kids shared the responsibilities.

Now my son helps with washing of the toilet and after dinner washing. He also shown great interest in cooking. (superb isn't it?) They done up their own bed (of course a helping hand to straighten it out). Little one is still lacking but I hope in another week or so, she will get the message that no one else is going to do it for her except herself.

As for son, for the past two nights dinners. He has been greatly involved. Thus last night, initially I wanted Honey Baked Chicken but the oven is being used for my cupcakes and thus, with little supervision, he was pan frying the Honey Chicken instead.

Photobucket

I am glad that my kiddo is growing up and able to lend a helping hand.

What you need:

1kg chicken mid joint
5 tbsp honey
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp wine
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. You are a good mother to have taught and brought them up well to be so independent Edith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm maidless for a month and half already. After my Indon of 2 years left, a myanmar and following a Filipino came and left. It was a nightmare for me having the last two maids with me. The former worked for 2 months in my household, but I had to send her away because of her mental issues. The Filipino cried for two weeks before I sent her packing.

    It was tough without a maid the first week, as I was busy cleaning up their 'leftover' in my cleaning area.

    I don't intend to hire a maid anymore. The thought of it frightened me so much and I'm still healing from the process from the previous two maids.

    My 12yrs old son helps out now, something that I feel proud about it. Sometimes, having maids make our children lazy. Nevertheless, I'm so much happier now without a maid. I have my privacy and emotionally I'm free from having to deal with unknown characters from these strangers. It's a sacrifice, but I'm glad I made this decisions.

    Oh, you'll be surprise that your weekly grocery bill getting lesser and lesser. You will notice that your detergent, soap powder and whatever, last longer than before. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've never had a maid, as I'm the free maid in the family haha. Anyway I don't think I'll be able to cope with one. I have a cleaning lady come in once a week, and I already find it difficult managing her. I am too lax, they all take advantage of me after a while.

    My sister has changed maids 3 times now, each time they wanted to leave and would do all sorts of weird things to achieve that. I think it's better they didn't or couldn't come then arrive and then find ways to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to tell you that those honey wings looked great...yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I've never had a maid, as I'm the free maid in the family haha. Anyway I don't think I'll be able to cope with one. I have a cleaning lady come in once a week, and I already find it difficult managing her. I am too lax, they all take advantage of me after a while.

    My sister has changed maids 3 times now, each time they wanted to leave and would do all sorts of weird things to achieve that. I think it's better they didn't or couldn't come then arrive and then find ways to leave.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin