Thursday, December 17, 2009

Long distance

I befriended TG in a forum many years ago. Even though I left that forum, we still continue to keep in touch. Each time when she is back home for a holiday. We always make an effort to catch up. I like T as she is warm and sincere. She is also a very caring lady. Despite the distance, I remembered her calling and asking me how I am after my operation. I am truly touched by her gestures. Wondering how she finds me? hehe. DW on the other hand is a blogger that I befriended. We weren’t close then but last year, I realised that I know DW's aunt (her dad’s brother’s wife) and another DW's aunt (her uncle's wife) is my classmate. What a small world. Having our girls in the same school kind of draw us closer too. Since this trip will be a very short one for TG, together with DW, we gathered at my house for a catch up session. Coincidentally, it is also her birthday and thus I decided to bake a cake to celebrate. I decided on strawberry shortcake as I found some really cheap strawberries from NZ. Hopefully it is sweet and my first attempt at this cake will yield an edible one. The cake rose beautifully in the oven but shrink after cooling. I had to trim off the unevenness to make it presentable. Texture wise, it looks soft. I also had problem frosting it. I over whipped the first batch and had to throw it away. Second batch yield a better texture but upon putting in the liqueur, it kind of deflate again. I wasn't game for another batch to be thrown out. I whipped the third batch, this time omitting the liqueur. I then mixed in with the "deflated" cream. After our lunch, we had this lovely Strawberry Shortcake. It was really yummy and I am glad that the cream is alright and the cake was delicious. In fact, I think DW’s daughter had 2 helpings. Photobucket I love it too and am definitely going to make another for hubby who missed this out as he is away. Thanks WH for sharing with me this wonderful recipe (I won't be posting this recipe as I respect WH's request). I had a great afternoon with TG and DW. I can’t wait for August to come for another round of tea. Happy Birthday T. May all your dreams come true and thanks for being my friend.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    Just wondering, how did you do the frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hysxcc,

    basically it is just whipped cream with a dash of kirsch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Just wondering, how did you do the frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hysxcc,

    basically it is just whipped cream with a dash of kirsch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin