Friday, December 18, 2009

I don't believe it

When I was in college, I have two very good buddies. We were like three musketeers, inseparable. We do so much stuff together and it left really good memories for me.

Soon after school, I lost touch with one. Can’t really recall how it happens. My guess could be because of her extremely possessive boyfriend.

Since the day I discovered Face book, I always wanted to find her. All these years, we wonder how she has been faring.

Finally luck was on my side. A month or two ago, I found her in Face book. Thankfully, she posted her picture and she didn't change much at all. I quickly contacted her and I am glad that she remembers me.

After a few communications, I decided on a date to catch up. I think it is more warm and personal rather than over cyber world. After all, it sure been a long time we lost touch.

I was getting really excited. Let's hope this evening meet up will rekindle the good old times that I treasured so much.

As C is a good baker as well, I asked her to prepare dessert. Yes, I have introduced baking to my dear friend and she has since gone crazy with it. Now she owns more gadgets and books than me and she is definitely now a better baker than me.

Unfortunately, she didn't have the time as she is rushing out cake orders and since I had completed my commitment for Cupcake Fantasies today. I decided that I will bake a Snow flecked brownie for them. I missed out on this event last month as I was busy. Keeping it in my to-do list, I just couldn't help but try it out.

I didn’t really succeed. When I cut up the brownies, the middle was still gooey. I was extremely conscious of the time as brownies are really sensitive to it. A few minutes can make the whole lot differences.

Photobucket

I seriously doubt mine was cooked properly but the sides were okay though. As you can see, these are the sides of what I salvaged. Imagine the other half the portion was fit for the bin. Ouch, my chocolate.

I am a little disappointed in myself. This is the second batch of brownies that I failed. Perhaps it is time to relook at the temperature of my trusty oven or was it the non stick pan that I used this time round.

So I will be a waiting for my guests’ comment to see whether I should go for another try. Boy I am excited already on this gathering.

What you need:

188g best quality dark chocolate
188g unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
175g castor sugar
1/2 tsp salt
113g plain flour
125g white chocolate buttons
1 tsp icing sugar for dusting

Method


Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius and grease a 8" square pan.

Melt butter and chocoalte in a large bowl.

In another bowl, beat eggs with castor sugar and vanilla extract.

Allow the chocolate mixture to cool a little and then add in the egg and sugar batter and beat well.

Fold in the flour and salt.

Stir in the white chocolate. Beat to combine well.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 mins.

Note: Top should be slightly paler and centre should be dark dense and gooey.

To serve, cut into square while still warm and sprinkle icing sugar using a sieve.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Brownies are so much better when they are gooey in the middle! Those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fail at baking brownies all the time, if it makes you feel any better. Only I overbake them, which is far worse. It's irreversible. And a decent brownie should be a little gooey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin