Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It is fun

I always enjoys having friends over. Perhaps it is my personality or perhaps it is as a homemaker and getting friends over is hard as most of them are working in the day.

NH and I are both bloggers and after one meet up, we became friends. It reminded me so much of penpals when we were young. Then, we don't have the cyber world and go through letters to make friends.

Now it is so much easier and faster I should say. NH enjoyed baking too. In fact, I think she is crazier than me.

I marveled her energy as she has two young kids in tow and maidless too. Perhaps it is the same passion that drawn us together.

Somehow, I feel comfortable chatting with her about everything under the sun especially when it comes to baking. I love her nature too and somehow the chemistry between us just clicked.

Geesh, I hope she felt the same way as me. hehehe. Anyway, I invited her to come over to bake some cakes for her daughter's farewell treats to her teachers (yes, they are moving out of here).

I am glad that the gathering is possible as I will be leaving in three days' time and she will be out of Singapore by the time I come home.

I proposed a vegetarian cupcake recipe that I somehow couldn't get it right.

The centre is always wet and it sure takes a long time to bake. I am glad to say that we finally get this right. Though NH didn't quite like it but my hubby said it is good. For me, I think I will work on this Easy Bake Chocolate cake further.

Photobucket

What you need:

396g plain flour
270g sugar
36g cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cup water
3/4 cup oil
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract

Method

Sift dry ingridents.

Add in the liquid and whisk batter till light.

Pour into muffin pan and bake for 30 mins.

**********

As little C is allergy to Chocolate, we wanted to bake Oreo Butter Cake but I realised that I didn't have yoghurt. So we decided to try a White cupcake instead.

Since I have never baked a white cake before. Wrong move to add in Almond Extract as kids generally dislike the taste and smell of almond. The cake is soft and fluffy.

Will I try this again, perhaps but will definitely change the flavour.

Photobucket

I had a really enjoyable afternoon with NH and her kids. Hey let's do this again when you are home for holiday.

Bon Vogage NH. Keep in touch.

White cupcakes Recipe: 125 best cupcake

What you need:

132g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
148g castor sugar
57g unsalted butter, room temp
2 egg whites
1 tsp almon extract
2/3 cup buttermilk

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degree.

Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Add egg whites one at a time, beating well each addition.

Mix in almond extract.

Beat in flour and buttermilk alternatively. 3: 2

Scoop batter into pan and bake for 20 - 25 mins.

Cool on rack
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Hi Edith, I like the three choc cupcake decorations - very cheerful especially since I am looking at it on a Monday gloomy morning. I hate almond essence as well but white cupcakes are very versatile. Can add any flavour to it and it makes up a batch of varied flavours. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith, I like the three choc cupcake decorations - very cheerful especially since I am looking at it on a Monday gloomy morning. I hate almond essence as well but white cupcakes are very versatile. Can add any flavour to it and it makes up a batch of varied flavours. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin