Thursday, November 05, 2009

I am done

My spring clean mode was turned on and for the past two days, I had been feverishly clearing and repacking the two storerooms. Very often, when I have friends over, they couldn't believe that I actually have a helper at home. This will tell you how messy my little abbot is. Anyway I am glad that the two rooms are now in placed. While taking a break from the housekeeping, I opened up my mails and received something shocking. A fellow forum friend that I befriended passed on, on Monday. I am sure her hubby GP will not joke about such matter. I am so shock and upset as just two weeks ago, we were yakking over tea when she was here for a visit. I was still lamenting that I forgotten to take a picture with her and her family just two days ago. My heart is aching and I just couldn't get over the shock. How fragile life is. I was really feeling down today and with the gloomy weather, it didn't help. I have no inspiration at all and worst my sugar toppers look horribly ugly. Then an angel came along and invited me for lunch. JY is a good cook and we had Mee Jawa for lunch. Dropping my work and having an afternoon off did help me to lift up my spirit. We have to learn to take each day as a blessing. Let’s treasure every day and make it a special one every opportunity we had, for we don’t know what lies ahead of us. PJP, rest in peace. You will be sadly missed. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Edith

    Life is indeed fragile and that's why we have to live each and every day without any regrets.

    Glad you have cheered up a little and with the forth coming holidays, hope it will brighten you days further.

    Great work on the Bangkok Kaya Cake. Never heard of it until I read about it on your earlier post.

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,

    Cheer up, this is life ....

    May I know is this Mee Rebus? Look yummy. We love to eat Mee Rebus, but have no idea how to make the gravy. Hence, we used the premix in the market.

    Can you teach us how to make the gravy? Thanks.

    Regards,
    Mool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ange, Next time round when you are here for a visit. I bake you this to try.

    Mool, this is Mee Jawa. A tomato based gravy. I have tried Mee Rebus too. You can find the recipe here. http://preciousmoments66.blogspot.com/2009/03/tgif.html

    I am trying another version after my holiday. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Edith, enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin