Friday, October 02, 2009

Guts out

I have been coughing for nearly a month. Yes, I detest coughs. Perhaps it is due to my asthmatic background but when a cough starts, it usually takes me ages to get well. Sometime I can cough till my stomach’s muscle aches and sometime; the toilet bowl is like my best friend. Haiz.

Someone was saying that this kind is call the 100 days cough. Yay, I heard about that and my GP actually believes it too.

Anyway, a dear friend recommended me to take this as it is handed down by her late granny. Yes, I heard about ginger's healing properties. I couldn't believe it, after taking it twice. I can feel that I got much better.

The chesty feel was gone. Unfortunately, that night, I took some cabbage which my mom said it is a "cooling" vegetable and believe it or not, my cough comes back again.

So this time round, I am more obedient and listen to our Asian beliefs. After all, we have such genes and why defied it and let our health suffers.

I made my son drinks this too because he too was having a similar cough as me and he too is showing good sign of recovery.

It is not that difficult to drink. In fact it is sweet! Just that it has this "spicy" feel to it.

So if you have a nagging cough and your phlegm is white and bubbly. Try Ginger with egg Soup because you are having a "liang" (cool) cough.

Photobucket

What you need:

300ml water
3 walnut sized ginger (grated and extract juice)
rock sugar for taste
1 egg

Method

Boil water with ginger juice and rock sugar till sugar melt.

Beat egg lightly and add into the boiling water.

Stirring continuously. Wait for a few seconds for bubble to appear on sides of the pot.

Turn off heat and pour into a bowl.

Drink lukewarm.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Elyn

    Great to hear that your cough is much better.

    Take care

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog looking for ways to use excess starfruits and your recipe for the wine came up. Did it turn out? I have never seen a recipe for wine like that one! Hope you get over that cough. It sounds nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Claudia for dropping by.

    Actually it was looking good but because I was in the midst of house pack, I didn't get a chance to harvest it and it was spoilt.

    You have to keep on turning it so that the fruits are "coated" with the "wine" for it to mature and not turn mouldy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog looking for ways to use excess starfruits and your recipe for the wine came up. Did it turn out? I have never seen a recipe for wine like that one! Hope you get over that cough. It sounds nasty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin