Friday, October 16, 2009

Am I lonesome?

When the cat is not around, the mouse is out to play. Well not really, the mouse still have to do her main chorus before she can go out to play.

Since GC is in town and I won't be available just before her departure. I thought it is better to catch up and have lunch before she leaves.

I remembered we met at this little small Japanese restaurant for our first meeting. So I proposed we have another go at the same place. Afterall, the food is not bad.

AK buzz me the other day and told me about a new book arrival. Hey, I heard about this author. She used to teach but has since returned to Japan.

Being someone who had problem attending classes. I quickly went about searching for this book.

Perfect timing. I can grab this book in Ion and have lunch as well. Geesh this book is really hot.

I am sure the author must be thrill to see it flying off the shelf so quickly.

This will be my bed time story book, thank to a new pair of reading glasses (thanks J for leaving it behind).

Tonight, my sister and family will also be dropping by. mmmm... are they concern that I am getting lonesome? LOLz.

I still have a few bananas, so I decided to bake a Chocolate Banana Cake that gotten pretty good reviews. I topped it off with Ganache.

Though it is soft but it is too crumbly for me. Perhaps I have overbaked it. I still prefers the one that I tried years ago.

Will give this one another try. Recipe adapted from e's joie.

Photobucket

What you need:

160g butter
140g castor sugar
2 eggs – beaten lightly
225g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
220g bananas – mashed
50g whipping cream
1/4 tsp Banana essence

Method:

Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.

Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.

Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence and mix well.

Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only.

Pour into an 8″ round tray, and arrange sliced bananas on top.

Bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or until cooked

Ganache

200g whipping cream
200g
chocolate 30g butter

Method

Heat whipping cream to a boil. Pour into chocolate. Let it sit for a while and then gently stir till all the chocolate has melted.

Add in the butter and stir further.

Let it cool a little before frosting the cake.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin