Thursday, October 15, 2009

Alone for long weekend?

This morning, hubby and his staff are off for an off site meeting. Unfortunately for us, he is doing it on the long weekend. Initially we wanted to join him but I would love very much to go up to KL next week too.

I can't be away for both as my daughter is not done with her Final year revision. Thus it is better we work first and played later.

Mid Autumn Festival is over and there are abundant of Pomelo is the market. Son had some during our last dinner at mom’s place and when he saw it, he requested for one during our grocery shopping.

I plan to make Mango & Pomelo Dessert (楊枝甘露)again. Unfortunately before I can give further instruction, the helper already sliced the mango for our dessert.

Too late, I have to get more mangoes. Photobucket

Wasn't near a supermarket till today and just nice I am having two buddies, J & G over for lunch and I think Mango & Pomelo Dessert (楊枝甘露) goes well with the Kim Chi Fried Rice that we will be having.

For this dessert, I simplified the steps further and makes it healthier. You see, in Aug, I was telling J that she can prepare Kim Chi Fried Rice for her National Day celebration but I think she ended with something she is comfortable.

To show her that this dish is really an easy dish to prepare, we had this for lunch. I am glad that the ladies like the rice as well as the dessert I prepared.

I also had great fun showing J & G how easy Snowskin Mooncake can be done. Not that I am good but with the right tools, it is really easy and best of all, it is freshly made.

For a first timer, I think J is so much better than me when it was my first. Photobucket

It was truly an amazing afternoon. I am glad that G could take half a day off to be with us. Finally I am able to catch up on G's life. I still can't believe it that we were once kinder classmates. How time flies.

As for J, hopefully, she learnt something new today and perhaps the next Mid Autumn Festival, she don’t have to pay rocket high price for a piece of mooncake. She can easily made some and show them off to her hubby.

Have a safe trip home and see you next year.

What you need

1kg mango (without the seed)
300g pomelo (removed seeds and skin, break them into tiny pieces)
1 carton of mango juice

Method

Cut the mango into cubes leaving 300g to liquify.

Put the 300g mango into a blender and add in half carton of mango juice. Blend.

Mix the mango cubes, pomelo and mango juice.

Chill and serve cold.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. hi..tx for ur blog. im from indonesia. reading how easy a Snowskin Mooncake can be made with the right tools. may i know wat kind of tools i need to get and where to buy the mould. ill b in spore for 2 days and would like to try to purchase them..i dont usually bake..but im curious..tx
    chambali@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Could you advise which brang did you use for your mango juice?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi..tx for ur blog. im from indonesia. reading how easy a Snowskin Mooncake can be made with the right tools. may i know wat kind of tools i need to get and where to buy the mould. ill b in spore for 2 days and would like to try to purchase them..i dont usually bake..but im curious..tx
    chambali@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin