Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I wasn't thinking

Despite baking a cake last night, I don't know why I didn't prepare something for my kids to share with their classmates. I wasn't thinking at all. I didn't even realize this until my kids were in school and it was too late. haiz.... now I am feeling bad. To make up for it, I made something that the kids love most, Salami Pizza. I needed to cheer my kids up because especially the little one, she was tearing when she saw her daddy depart in the airport. I guess daddy has been staying in town for too long and she is once again not getting use to the routine. As I was preparing the dough, I realised that we ran out of pizza sauce. While I was preparing the sauce, something scary happened. I was feeling a little "floaty". Initially I thought that I am suffering from some hypotension as my health was in tip top condition of late. I asked my helper whether I am feeling things or what. She pointed to the swinging basket of onions and garlic swinging. Immediately I ran out to inform my neighbours. Then the panic attacked. I don't know what to do!!!! Do I need to remove all the important documents (damn I forgotten about the combination lock) or do I just bring the kids downstairs? I have never been really good with gravity and it makes me paranoid. Luckily my neighbours are a bunch of cool dude. They were very assuring and their hubbies were in. Thus, I was able to calm down rather quickly. Though it was that few seconds, I guess I have to mentally prepared if that day really comes and what we really need to do. After calming the nerve, we went back into our pizza making. I tried out a new recipe for the crust dough from Reinhart. It was simply delicious. Definitely going to use this crust in the future. Photobucket Unfortunately our night didn't end up well. I had a shouting match with son over his attitude towards his PSLE. I had to resort to calling in the tutor tomorrow to make him see that what he thinks and believed in is totally wrong. You see, kids don't think mommy is always right. They rather hear it from others. Well if I have to spent that money to change his attitude, I will do it. So there goes our Children's Day outing. :(
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Was it due to the earthquake in Indonesia?
    I'm pretty sure Singapore could feel it!
    I hope everything is alright, poor you and hubbby is always out of town

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it due to the earthquake in Indonesia?
    I'm pretty sure Singapore could feel it!
    I hope everything is alright, poor you and hubbby is always out of town

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin