Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Count down

Every child will have to go through this first hurdle in life. We have been explaining to son about this for nearly a year. Praying each day that he will at least he register a tiny bit of this advice in his little head as the day passed. At this point in time, I seriously don't know how much he comprehend about the importance of this exam. Though it is not the end of the road but it is indeed an importance milestone for him. As parents, we really hope he will do well and get into a good school that can provide a good environment to grow and developed into a young adult. In my heart, I wish he will "blossom" in time. In reality, I don't really know as he is so cool and laid back. Friends have shared their experience with their own 12 years old. Some are like my son, cool and unfazed by the Prelim but some are so worried that they will be down with tummy ache, fever etc. Now, which one would I rather have? On one hand, you wish that he will be a little stress and concern but on another hand, feeling so tense to the point of fever is too much. Anyway, we have just 32 days to the finishing line. All I can do at this point is to pray and pray hard that he will stay focus and dash for the finishing line with glory or at least he had tried his best. Haiz.... parenthood is tough. No wonder my first cousin is telling my aunt that he don't think he wants kids as he witness what his friends and colleagues going through the hardship of bringing up kids. Sad isn't it? Despite my lousy morning, I was feeling good after because I had a nice met up a fellow forum member who came to visit me. A complete stranger that we "met" only in cyber space. I really enjoyed meeting her and her family. Initially wanted to bake a cake and share with her but was too caught up with son's progress that I didn't have the time or the mood to do it. The afternoon was followed by a surprise call from another blog reader, BH. Sometime back, we exchange phone numbers. We planned to meet up but never get to do it. She is like a parent support for me. Having three kids on her own and went through the stage I was in. She fully comprehended my intention as a mother. Her advice and comforting voice was enough to calm my raw nerve. After her call, I was feeling much better that I can actually went ahead to bake a cake. Photobucket Didn't they said that if you are feeling down, don't step into the kitchen! hahahah... somehow there is some truth to it isn't it by the look of my Horlick Chiffon Cake (shared by AK). Put aside it ugly looks, this cake tasted not bad. Perhaps I am a fan of Horlick. Like chiffon, it is soft and fluffy but I definitely need to learn the art of making chiffon cake. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Meeting with blogger friend is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi..coming from IPOH.. bringing up teens is not easy but somehow or rather, we mums can manage to... just a bit of perseverance will help....

    the chiffon cake looks good, at least better than what i did before.. mine came out very dry.. after that, i didnt do anymore.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be joking this cake looks good. I wish I know how to make chiffon cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes MeRy, it is always nice to have friends.

    Reanaclaire, parenthood is full of challenges. Let's hope at the end of the road, they will turn out to be good beings.

    S, I am having another go next week. Let's hope it will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes MeRy, it is always nice to have friends.

    Reanaclaire, parenthood is full of challenges. Let's hope at the end of the road, they will turn out to be good beings.

    S, I am having another go next week. Let's hope it will be better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin