Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Zip zap and it is coming to the end

Time really flies, last Sat, my son sat for his Prelim Oral. When Prelim arrives, it also indicates that PSLE won't be that far away.

I have seen vast improvement on my little prince's attitude. At least he is showing more interest in wanting to do well. He is more motivated and a little better in focusing.

I am actually quite pleased with these changes. Even if he doesn't do well, at least he tried and that matters most to both hubby and I.

To those mommies out there who has kids sitting for Prelim, all the best to you especially your kid.

We definitely need to give ourselves a pat on the shoulder for this journey and it is coming to an end of another milestone of our kids' life.

I have not been baking bread for a few weeks and was itching to try new recipes. I just bought two book shelves and was sorting out my large collection of recipes and I saw this thick binder of recipes that J had tediously photocopied for me.

Terrible me as I have totally forgotten about this. She has accumulated 200 odd recipes during her many years in learning how to bake from a baking school.

Though I am not sure of the standard for this school but J definitely an angel for having such a generous heart.

This is what I chosen from the binder. Cream Cheese Bun. I actually forgotten to add in the raisin thus my bread has a savoury taste to it rather than sweet. Overall, it is nice and soft.

Now I am waiting for a trial of a second day bread.

Will let you know the outcome later.

Photobucket

What you need:
Yield 20 pcs

400 g Cream Cheese
80g Caster Sugar
500g Bread Flour
10g Wheat Gluten
13g Dried Yeast
125g Egg
100ml Water
200g Black Raisin
8g Salt

Toppings : -

100 to 200g Cream Cheese
50g Walnut (chopped)

Beat cream cheese slightly to soften Put in piping bag, cut a small hole, ready to pipe

Method:

Beat cream cheese & sugar till soft

Add in the rest of ingredients except raisin & salt, mix thoroughly

Add in salt, continue to beat

Remove, knead for a while, cover to ferment for 15 mins. (if dough too sticky, add 10 to 20 gm flour)

Measure to 60 gm each

Add in raisin and roll into round shape, cover & ferment for another 45 mins. before egg wash

After egg wash, pipe cheese toppings on top

Sprinkle with some fine sugar and almond flakes

Bake at 200 ˚C for 10 to 15 mins.

_____________________

Thanks Wen's Delight for giving me this award even though I don't consider myself as creative at all.

Nevertheless, thanks so much as it is definitely a nice booster for my lonely blog.

Photobucket

The Kreativ Blogger Award comes with some rules:

1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know that they have been nominated.

Now, 7 things that you might or might not be interested.

1. I adore Butter Crabs. To some who recently had a chance to have dinner with me, you know where my favourite haunt is.
2. I am an ice cream lover. Thank goodness for the gravity force, it doesn't show much when I am seated down.
3. As much as I like to hang out in coffee clubs, I only drink decaffeinated coffee and it is not every coffee joint that I can find this. aarrggh.
4. I love my wine and cheese and my vodka with bitter-lemon but have really been cutting down alot on this. Drinking in Singapore is really expensive.
5. I like bitter dark chocolate. The more bitter, the better it is for me because then I don't have to share with anyone in the family. hahaha
6. I thank God for blessing me two wonderful kids and a loving hubby who doesn't mine my loudness and frankness.
7. I hate routines. Don't ask me to do the same thing over and over again, weeks after weeks. Waiting for my kids to finish their classes is actually torturing me but I do it because I love them so.

I haven't really been blog hopping much this year and I definitely missed out on all my favourite blogs. Nevertheless, you are not forgotten.

Lily's Wai Sek Hong - for the never ending sumptuous menu she dishes out from her kitchen regularly.

Kitchen Unplugged - for those awesome photograph and food styling that actually makes you want more.

All that Matters - for making mahjong comes alive.

Glad's passion - for having those nimble fingers that turned pieces of boring sugar dough to into a joy.

The viewfinder of Mr and Mrs Kwok - for churning out those terribly delicious looking desserts that makes me yearn to have a bite.

Have fun gals/guy.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. These look great and so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are putting me to shame...I really haven't baked at all since I arrived. Need to get my mojo back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great and so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are putting me to shame...I really haven't baked at all since I arrived. Need to get my mojo back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin