Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why aren't you smiling?

I thought I can sleep a little later today but as usual, I was woken up by this bloody headache. In the end, I took two muscle relaxer and pray that the ache will go away as I wanted to make pau. Initialy I wanted to go for the course but WL told me she have the recipe and was really kind to share with me. Actually it was weeks ago, but somehow somewhere, something new took me away from doing that. Thus, I set about preparing the starter dough the day before knowing that this morning I am going make Chicken Pau today. The starter dough needed 12 hours to ferment. The volume of the dough was a lot and after using up all the 600g of chicken filling. I still have some left. Shall leave it in the freezer for my next trial again. I was disappointed by the outcome. It has this slight yellow tinge on it despite me using Hongkong flour. Texture while hot is good but it turn a little dry upon cooling. The dough also breaks easily, so I was having problem loading more filling and yet able to pleat it. I guess my pleating failing as my pau wasn't smiling at all. The saving grace was that it didn't taste bad at all but best eaten while it is piping hot. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I thought the pleats on your pau look great, much better than all my trials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the pleats on your pau look great, much better than all my trials.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin