Saturday, August 29, 2009

My little sister

My little sister (not that little as she is already 30) is trying to be domesticated I think. She bought some cookie moulds from an online store that I found recently and told her about it.

Few weeks back, she attempted it and failed so she rang me last week to arrange for a baking session together.

Though this weekend I am so tight on schedule but I find it so hard to turn down her request. It will be nice to have a baking session with your sibling right?

In order to made good use of her new cookie cutters, I chose a cut out cookie recipe. I am glad that it is not that difficult to handle and the cookie is nice and buttery.

I love her cutters and I might consider buying a set for myself but let me think about it first.

Too many impulsive buys is damaging to the pocket. Cute isn't it?

Photobucket

I have a big bag of macadamia nuts which I intended to make cookies but have been delaying the action. Just last week, we had Subway sandwiches and they served pretty good cookies, I couldn't resist not having one.

The two cookies, I yearned for more. After surfing through the net, by the result, I found that this nut goes well with white chocolate. Though I am no fan of white chocolate, I decided to give this a try as I have two such bags of white hocolate in the fridge and this will be a great way to use them up.

The texture is unique in my opinion. It is a chewy cookie and yet crispy at the edge. We like it.

Photobucket

What you need:

210g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
113g butter, room temperature
200g sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
120g toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Lined pan.

Sift flour with baking soda and salt.

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.

Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.

Add in flour, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Mixed well.

Use a ice cream scoop and scoop them into balls.

Flatten slightly as this cookie won't expand that much.

Bake for 15 min or less. or just until cookie is golden in colour.

Cool on tray for awhile and transfer to cool on rack.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Edith, your sister is very lucky to have you and I so very dig her Hello Kitty cookie cutters!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin